Embalmer – California, USA
Performs all activities required to correctly and respectfully embalm a deceased loved one.
Embalming and Associated Services
- Cares for deceased in a respectful manner while performing a variety of tasks which include:
- Verifying identification and embalming authorization
- Performing restorations
- Completing removals and transfers
- Dressing, styling hair and/or applying cosmetics.
- Any other preparation required for human remain
- Adheres to all applicable professional, municipal, state/provincial and federal licensing authority regulations
- Promotes a safe work environment be being aware of and practicing universal precautions and adopting general principles of safe conduct
- Assists with maintenance of preparation room and the facility
- Cleans soiled equipment and hazardous material spills
- Ensures hazardous materials and spills are handled in accordance with the Material Data Safety Sheets
- Assists with chemical and supply inventory
- Receives caskets and other funeral home supplies
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Graduation from accredited mortuary college or other degree as required by state /province law
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an Embalmer, Apprentice in a 200-call minimum/year funeral firm embalming facility.
- Must meet all licensing requirement in applicable state/province as required by law as prescribed by each state board.
- Valid state or province issued driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of computers and some software including MS Office products required
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving skills
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/zs6ksf3gc5
DISRUPT Media is a full-service creative agency built for the now. We partner with death care companies to drive deep-rooted brand loyalty and measurable leads through social media.
More Fans. More Conversations. More Leads.
Ryan is also the founder of ConnectingDirectors.com. ConnectingDirectors.com is the leading online daily publication for funeral professionals with a reader base of over 45,000 of the most elite and forward-thinking professionals in the profession. With ConnectingDirectors.com Ryan has created a global community through an online platform allowing funeral professionals to Stay Current. Stay Informed and Stay Elite.
Latest posts by Ryan Thogmartin (see all)
- Want Success? Don’t Be On Auto Pilot! | FUNERAL hustle 014 - November 9, 2017
- 24 Images That Take You Inside Last Weeks NFDA Convention - November 7, 2017
- The Top 70 Funniest Tombstones - November 5, 2017
You may be interested
BEAN TOWN BREAK DOWN | FUNERAL hustle 015CDFuneralNews - November 14, 2017
Ryan is exposed EXPOSED as a terrible (.....) in FUNERAL hustle 015! Part 2 of our Boston NFDA recap we…
NFDA Goes Big In BostonCDFuneralNews - November 14, 2017
Brookfield, Wis. – The National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) 2017 International Convention & Expo, held October 29 through November 1…
2017 REFLECTION OF NFDA BOSTON AND A TRIBUTE TO THE VETERANS | FUNERAL nation 094CDFuneralNews - November 13, 2017
On this episode, we send a big "thank you" to our very own Funeral Commander, Jeff Harbeson in honor of…