Embalmer – California, USA
Performs all activities required to correctly and respectfully embalm a deceased loved one.
Embalming and Associated Services
- Cares for deceased in a respectful manner while performing a variety of tasks which include:
- Verifying identification and embalming authorization
- Performing restorations
- Completing removals and transfers
- Dressing, styling hair and/or applying cosmetics.
- Any other preparation required for human remain
- Adheres to all applicable professional, municipal, state/provincial and federal licensing authority regulations
- Promotes a safe work environment be being aware of and practicing universal precautions and adopting general principles of safe conduct
- Assists with maintenance of preparation room and the facility
- Cleans soiled equipment and hazardous material spills
- Ensures hazardous materials and spills are handled in accordance with the Material Data Safety Sheets
- Assists with chemical and supply inventory
- Receives caskets and other funeral home supplies
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Graduation from accredited mortuary college or other degree as required by state /province law
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an Embalmer, Apprentice in a 200-call minimum/year funeral firm embalming facility.
- Must meet all licensing requirement in applicable state/province as required by law as prescribed by each state board.
- Valid state or province issued driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of computers and some software including MS Office products required
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving skills
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/zs6ksf3gc5
Go to http://funeralsocial.com to find out more about the services we offer. Our clients who are apart of our FUNERAL Social Design Process are seeing an increase in post reach and engagement of over 300%.
Ryan is also the founder of ConnectingDirectors.com. ConnectingDirectors.com is the leading online daily publication for funeral professionals with a reader base of over 45,000 of the most elite and forward-thinking professionals in the profession. With ConnectingDirectors.com Ryan has created a global community through an online platform allowing funeral professionals to Stay Current. Stay Informed and Stay Elite.
Latest posts by Ryan Thogmartin (see all)
- 1990 vs 2017 – Marketing Then and Now [Infographic] - September 11, 2017
- The Top 8 Tools We Use for Productivity and Funeral Businesses Can Use Too - September 7, 2017
- DISRUPT Media Announces the Launch of DeathCareJobs.com - August 31, 2017
You may be interested
Homesteaders: A Deep Dive | FUNERAL hustle 012CDFuneralNews - September 14, 2017
Ryan heads to Homesteaders Life Company HQ to discuss their future partnership with Homesteaders and why and how this partnership…
FrontRunner Professional Announces Ultimate ‘DIY’ Funeral Home Website PlatformCDFuneralNews - September 14, 2017
Today FrontRunner Professional announced the release of it’s brand new website platform, marking a major change for the entire death…
Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions Shares Integration UpdateCDFuneralNews - September 14, 2017
PITTSBURGH, PA -- Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions today announced an update of key activities for its ongoing integration of Aurora…