Funeral Director – Glendale, AZ
Provides customer service in all areas of funeral arrangements, cremation ceremonies and internment to assist families achieve peace following the loss of a loved one. Provides exemplary personalized and professional service. Implements choices made by the families or legal representative regarding the funeral, final disposition of the body and memorialization of the individual. Interacts with the family to fulfill death care needs. Ensures customer needs are addressed.
- Arranges and conducts funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional, organized and caring manner consistent with company policies and procedures
- Negotiates and enters into funeral contracts Handles contracts, legal documents, and collection of payment in accordance with company policies.
- Ensures client families are informed of special recognition/services available for veterans and ensures the delivery of selected recognition/services.
- Arranges for the interment or cremation of human remains
- Adheres to all company and regulatory requirements
- Retains heritage and grows market share through active involvement with community, religious and other organizations
- Performs on-call responsibilities including:
- Taking first calls
- Talking with families
- Answering questions
- Providing initial details
- Conducting transfers
- Confirms authorization to proceed with the service arrangements
- Supervises and cares for the deceased in a respectful manner while performing a variety of tasks which include:
- Embalming, including verifying identification of the deceased and obtaining authorization for embalming
- Dressing, styling hair and/or applying cosmetics.
- Preparing cremated remains, including container selection, paperwork and identification procedures
- Any other preparation required for human remains
- Supervises funeral services by:
- Supervising the parking of cars
- Driving funeral vehicles
- Assisting at chapel and church services
- Assisting at the cemetery
- Delivering flowers, caskets, urn, photos and other personal keepsakes or mementos of client families
- Setting up chairs and the removing, properly caring for and storing of these items
- Participating at special functions
- Other duties, as required
- Ensures adherence to all applicable professional, municipal, provincial/state and federal licensing authority, regulations and rules
- Provides aftercare in absence of Family Service Counselor. Aftercare includes delivery of:
- Information on insurance, health benefits and pensio
- Pre-arrangements for next of kin
- Ensures potential pre-need referrals are shared with Family Service Counselors
- Completes and accurately prepares of all documents related to services, cremations, maintenance, and any other type of data entry; prepares reports as necessary
- May assist with general office duties
- May assist with the maintenance of vehicles, the facility and property
- Receives caskets and other funeral home supplies as well as places into inventory
- Ensures refreshments are available (where allowed by law)
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or general equivalency degree (or diploma).
- Completion of a dual degree training program at an accredited mortuary college or technical school specializing in funeral AND mortuary science.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an Embalmer, Apprentice or Funeral Director, Apprentice in a funeral firm or embalming facility.
- Must meet all licensing requirement in applicable state/province as required by law as prescribed by each state board.
- Valid driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of religious and fraternal organizations customs.
- Knowledge of computers and some software including MS Office products required
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to multi task and set priorities
- Detail oriented
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- CREATING FACEBOOK CONTENT THAT BOOSTS ENGAGEMENT | DISRUPTu! 033 - December 12, 2017
- FrontRunner Announces FuneralPay, a New Suite Of Tools Designed to Increase the Average Sale and Help Funeral Homes Get Paid Faster - December 12, 2017
- The Future of Pre Need Leadership – CHANGE MAKERS | FUNERAL nation 097 - December 11, 2017
You may be interested
CREATING FACEBOOK CONTENT THAT BOOSTS ENGAGEMENT | DISRUPTu! 033CDFuneralNews - December 12, 2017
On this episode we answer questions like: Summarize what engagement looks like for you? Explain the difference between generic and…
FrontRunner Announces FuneralPay, a New Suite Of Tools Designed to Increase the Average Sale and Help Funeral Homes Get Paid FasterCDFuneralNews - December 12, 2017
FrontRunner Professional has announced yet another technology solution that will help funeral homes save time and money, while offering families…
The Future of Pre Need Leadership – CHANGE MAKERS | FUNERAL nation 097CDFuneralNews - December 11, 2017
The 2nd Change Makers episode of FUNERAL Nation! We welcome Justin Baxley and Will Bischoff of Homesteaders Life Company as…