ICCFA EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION RECEIVES $100,000 FROM BATESVILLE AND MATTHEWS, AWARDS 20 SCHOLARSHIPS
The Educational Foundation of the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association received commitments of $100,000 each from Batesville Casket Company and Matthews International during the ICCFA 2016 Convention & Exposition in New Orleans, Louisiana.
The leaders of both companies signed checks on stage during the Educational Foundation’s presentation on Thursday, April 14, and said that their organizations support the foundation’s sole objective of making education accessible to the future leaders of our profession.
“Batesville is very proud to support the ICCFA Educational Foundation in providing scholarships and opportunities for a new generation of funeral professionals,” said Chris Trainor, President/CEO of Batesville. “Batesville’s donation is a reflection of our ongoing partnership and commitment to creating a more positive future for our industry.”
Steve Gackenbach, Group President for Matthews Memorialization, agreed that they are proud to support the foundation’s mission.
“Our donation underscores Matthews’ deep commitment to the memorialization industry and to our goal of helping our customers grow their businesses,” Gackenbach said.
Additionally, the ICCFA Educational Foundation announced that it selected 20 industry professionals to receive scholarships to attend ICCFA University, July 22-27 at the University of Memphis in Memphis, Tennessee. They included:
- Marie Anderson, Afp Horizon, Carrolton, TX, made possible by Live Oak Bank
- Kyle Butler, Green Hills Memorial Park, Ranchos Palos Verdes, CA, made possible by Matthews
- David J. Boyle, Town of Chemsford Cemetery, Chemsford, MA, made possible by Memorial Classic Golf Tournament
- David Brooks, St. Joseph’s Cemetery & Morris Funeral Cottage, Cheraw, SC, made possible by the Gino Merendino Veterans Scholarship Fund
- Rachel Dwyer, Allen Dave Funeral Home & Heritage Funeral Home, Harker Heights, TX, made possible by Cypress Lawn/Kenneth Edward Varner Memorial Scholarship
- Heather Felkel, Relyea Funeral Chapel, Boise, ID, made possible by NGL—National Guardian Life
- Pamela Girdy, Allen Dave Funeral Home, Houston, TX, made possible by Matthews
- Zachary Gordon, Eternal Hills Memorial Gardens, Klamath Falls, OR, made possible by Memorial Classic Golf Tournament
- Cynthia Herbison, Polk Memorial Gardens/Williams Funeral Home, Columbia, TN, made possible by Batesville
- Kai Horn, Memorial Park & Funeral Home & Cemetery, Gainsville, GA, made possible by Live Oak Bank
- Matthew Morian, Lucas Funeral Home, Grapevine, TX, made possible by Memorial Classic Golf Tournament
- Stephen Mulder, Sunset Gardens and Einan’s Funeral Home, Richland, WA, made possible by the Next Generation Scholarship Fund
- Nathan Nardi, Rose Hill Cemetery of Hagerstown, Hagerstown, MD, made possible by Regions Bank
- Lorraine Piller, Biondan North American & Fabhaven, Alberta, Canada, made possible by Batesville
- Gail Rubin, A Good Goodbye, Albuquerque, NM, made possible by Regions Bank
- Jessica Summers, Kent Forest Lawn Funeral Home, Panama City, FL, made possible by Batesville
- Craig Stires, Dwayne R. Spence Funeral Home, Winchester, OH, made possible by Memorial Classic Golf Tournament
- Ron Swanson, Einan’s at Sunset, Richland, WA, made possible by Matthews
- Lisa Vaeth, Association of Jewish Cemeteries, West Hartford, CT, made possible by the Next Generation Scholarship Fund
- Stephanie Zimmerman, Forethought Life Insurance Company, Batesville, IN, made possible by NGL—National Guardian Life
- Becky Zoch, City of Evansville Cemeteries, Evansville, IN, made possible by BatesvilleMore information on the ICCFA Educational Foundation may be found at www.iccfa.education.
Founded in 1887, the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association is the only international trade association representing all segments of the cemetery, cremation, funeral and memorialization profession. Its membership is composed of more than 9,100 rooftop locations and 20,000 professionals in the cemetery, funeral home and crematory industries, as well as supplier and related businesses worldwide.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- 49 Wilbert Licensees Earn Ultimate Service Provider for 2017 - February 7, 2018
- Learn and Connect at 2018 NFDA Professional Women’s Conference - February 7, 2018
- Aftercare.com chosen as a Preferred Partner of Selected Independent Funeral Homes - February 7, 2018
You may be interested
“Going Out In Style” will Plan Your Funeral in the Most Extravagant WayJustin Crowe - February 7, 2018
I've never desired to plan my funeral until seeing the events that are being designed by the women at Going Out…
49 Wilbert Licensees Earn Ultimate Service Provider for 2017CDFuneralNews - February 7, 2018
BROADVIEW, IL, February 6, 2018 – Forty-nine Wilbert Licensees have earned the 2017 Ultimate Service Provider designation from Wilbert Funeral Services, Inc. (WFSI),…
Learn and Connect at 2018 NFDA Professional Women’s ConferenceCDFuneralNews - February 7, 2018
Brookfield, Wis. – Registration is open for the profession’s leading gathering for women in funeral service: the National Funeral Directors…