Boost Future Success through Smarter Financial Management: NFDA to Host Second Annual Business Conference
Brookfield, Wis. – With many years of experience providing compassionate service to families under their belt, funeral home owners and managers have confidence in their ability to care for the bereaved. However, managing their funeral home’s finances with expertise can be a challenge. Created especially for small to mid-size funeral home businesses, the second annual National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) Business Conference will arm managers with innovative solutions and essential business knowledge and tools to ensure growth, profitability and financial strength. It will be held May 12-13 at the association’s headquarters in Brookfield, Wisconsin.
During this highly interactive conference, attendees will learn from top national authorities who will help them make sense of their funeral home’s financial picture. Participants will engage with experts and their peers in breakout discussions and roundtable sessions. In addition, attendees can network in a social setting while seeing the Milwaukee Brewers take on the San Diego Padres at Miller Park.
The NFDA Business Conference will be led by three highly knowledgeable, successful and engaging business management and financial authorities:
- Robert L. Buhrig Jr., CFSP, CPC, began his career in funeral service in 1987; in 2011, he became the owner and operator of Myer-Buhrig Funeral Home and Crematory in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. He has successfully grown his funeral home, which is more than 105 years old, by adding a crematorium, café and reception facilities, a full-service monument business and more.
- William McQueen, LFD, CPA, JD, LLM, partner at McQueen & Siddall in St. Petersburg, Florida, is a licensed funeral director and embalmer, CFSP and attorney who focuses on estate planning, business succession planning, and wealth and legacy protection. Bill was president and CEO of Anderson-McQueen Funeral Homes for nearly 20 years.
- Steve Shaffer, chief operating officer of Homesteaders Life Company, West Des Moines, Iowa, is a well-known and influential executive in funeral service. Prior to joining Homesteaders, he co-founded and served as president and CEO of Foundation Partners Group. In addition, he serves as the immediate past chair of the Funeral Service Foundation’s board of trustees.
Business Conference attendees will learn practical finance and business management skills in a fun and collaborative format that will help their funeral home succeed for generations to come. The conference leaders will explore:
- The most important financials and how to understand them
- Financial needs and valuation analysis
- Family business exit planning
- How to build your business through organic growth or acquisitions
- And much more
Registration for the NFDA Business Conference includes a workbook, handouts, lunch, refreshments and a trip to Miller Park to see the Milwaukee Brewers take on the San Diego Padres the evening of May 12. The Miller Park outing includes a game ticket, transportation to and from the ballpark, a delicious buffet dinner, unlimited soft drinks and two beers per adult registrant. Additional game tickets may be purchased for guests of conference attendees.
|On or before April 18||After April 18|
(Miller Park outing* included)
(Miller Park outing* included)
|Additional Baseball Ticket*||$80||$110|
|* Includes a game ticket, transportation to and from the ballpark, a delicious buffet, unlimited soft drinks and two beers per adult.|
The Brookfield Suites Hotel, located just minutes away from NFDA headquarters, offers you comfort and a host of amenities including a complementary cooked-to-order hot breakfast each morning and a complementary manager’s reception with beverages and snacks each evening. NFDA has secured a limited number of rooms at the Brookfield Suites Hotel for the discounted rate of $95 plus tax. The hotel reservation deadline is April 18.
NFDA is the world’s leading and largest funeral service association, serving 18,500 individual members who represent nearly 10,000 funeral homes in the United States and 43 countries around the world. NFDA is the trusted leader, beacon for ethics and the strongest advocate for the profession. NFDA is the association of choice because it offers funeral professionals comprehensive educational resources, tools to manage successful businesses, guidance to become pillars in their communities and the expertise to foster future generations of funeral professionals. NFDA is headquartered in Brookfield, Wis., and has an office in Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.nfda.org.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- BEAN TOWN BREAK DOWN | FUNERAL hustle 015 - November 14, 2017
- NFDA Goes Big In Boston - November 14, 2017
- 2017 REFLECTION OF NFDA BOSTON AND A TRIBUTE TO THE VETERANS | FUNERAL nation 094 - November 13, 2017
You may be interested
BEAN TOWN BREAK DOWN | FUNERAL hustle 015CDFuneralNews - November 14, 2017
Ryan is exposed EXPOSED as a terrible (.....) in FUNERAL hustle 015! Part 2 of our Boston NFDA recap we…
NFDA Goes Big In BostonCDFuneralNews - November 14, 2017
Brookfield, Wis. – The National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) 2017 International Convention & Expo, held October 29 through November 1…
2017 REFLECTION OF NFDA BOSTON AND A TRIBUTE TO THE VETERANS | FUNERAL nation 094CDFuneralNews - November 13, 2017
On this episode, we send a big "thank you" to our very own Funeral Commander, Jeff Harbeson in honor of…