Six Tips for Optimizing Your Facebook Business Page Cover Photo
When someone visits your funeral business Facebook page, are they wowed by what they see? First impressions are important, so you want the images on your page to have a memorable and positive impact. It’s not hard to make changes that will have a more pleasing effect. Here are a few ideas and pointers to consider when selecting and modifying your Facebook business page cover photo:
- Choose a cover photo that reflects what you want your viewers to know or remember about you. The Facebook cover is the large photo or image at the top of your business page. Are you proud of your excellent staff? Use a nicely framed image of the team. Do you have a beautiful facility? Consider choosing an image that is shot during the fall when the colors of the foliage are vivid and varied. Just remember, the cover photo is the most visible part of your page so make sure it displays your best asset.
- Follow Facebook’s guidance for cover image pixel size. Cover photos are 851 pixels wide and 315 pixels tall. If you upload an image smaller than those dimensions, Facebook will stretch it to fit the right size, as long as it’s at least 399 pixels wide and 150 pixels tall. If the image is stretched too much, it will be grainy and unattractive. If you use a larger image, be sure to reposition the photo so it is framed nicely in the borders.
- Consider the image and location of the profile picture when positioning the cover photo. The profile picture is the smaller square image in the lower left corner of the cover image border area. Part of the cover photo will be hidden by this profile picture. Typically the profile picture should be your business logo. This is the image that will “ride along” next to any content you post or comments you make in Facebook, so it makes sense to use your logo.
- Make sure all added text stands out and is readable. The business name and category are always shown along the lower left of the cover photo area, to the right of the profile picture. Be sure that the letters of the text are not “washed out” by the colors of the photo. Using photo editing software, you can add other text to your cover photo image, so follow the same guidance…make sure all text is readable and that it does not interfere with important content in the cover photo.
- If you use a Call to Action button, consider its location on the cover photo. The Call to Action option allows you to display a clickable button on your page that gives viewers several choices like “Shop Now” or “Contact Us.” The Call to Action button, if utilized, will appear in the lower right corner of the cover photo. Again, make sure the button does not hide important content in the photo and that it is not hidden by the “busyness” or the colors of the photo image.
- Change the cover photo from time to time. No business owner wants his image to become “stale.” It is good practice to vary the cover photo image from time to time, maybe once every couple months or so. Whenever you change your cover photo (or your profile picture), Facebook automatically publicizes it by creating an announcement that you have put up a new image, drawing even more attention to your page.
If you find it difficult to manage your Facebook page, or if you have a hard time choosing or creating content for your page, you can turn to the experts at DISRUPT Media. We will optimize your Facebook business page to garner the attention you’re business deserves. We can craft a Facebook strategy tailored to your business using our exclusive four part FUNERAL Social Design Process. Our process is what enables DISRUPT Media to claim that we are the funeral profession’s only full-service social media management firm. Our clients who are a part of our FUNERAL Social Design Process are seeing an increase in post reach and engagement of over 300%. Go to http://funeralsocial.com to find out more about the services we offer.
You may be interested
10 Visionary Death Care Entrepreneurs Revolutionizing How We DieJustin Crowe - June 20, 2018
Looking at the business that these 10 death care entrepreneurs have created, there is an overwhelming sense of certainty that…
Tukios Announces New HD Video Book ProductCDFuneralNews - June 20, 2018
OGDEN, Utah - Tukios has introduced an innovative new keepsake with the recently released Video Book. At an affordable price,…