General Manager – Hudson, FL
NorthStar Memorial Group is a family of funeral service, cremation and memorialization professionals committed to serving the needs of families from all walks of life. Determined to create a different business model than the more established public acquisition corporations, NorthStar Memorial Group’s management team has grown the company from a single property in 2004 to over 50 locations. We are proud to have been ranked 19th on Selling Power magazine’s 2015 – 50 Best Company to Sell For.
NorthStar Memorial Group is seeking a General Manager for Grace Memorial Gardens & Funeral Home in Hudson, FL. This position will be responsible for directing and leading the overall operations for the location by selecting, hiring, training and motivating all employees to deliver service above and beyond client expectations. The General Manager also monitors and continuously improves the internal business processes that impact customer satisfaction, employee morale and financial performance. NorthStar empowers General Managers to make decisions that influence their families, employees, and performance.
Overview and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the facility is being maintained, and assist in maintenance where required.
- Lead and develop a cooperative team environment that is respectful, communicative, accountable and service oriented
- Evaluate drivers of growth, improvement, and efficiencies to identify and implement new initiatives
- Increase case volume, grow top line revenue, improve market share and develop an excellent customer experience
- Build a strong partnership with sales and create collaboration across all departments
- Lead by example and demonstrate knowledge of successful marketing and community involvement techniques
- Work to build positive relationships within the community
- Identify opportunities to maximize revenue through park development
- Represent company by participating in industry specific groups and legislative boards
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in the funeral profession with understanding of both sales and operations management
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to think strategically and work independently
- Funeral Director and/or Embalmer license a plus
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with General Manager – Hudson in the subject line.
NorthStar Memorial Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Download Our FREE Memorial Day Video - May 24, 2018
- FrontRunner Unveils its New ‘Final Resting Place’, GPS Enabled App - May 24, 2018
- StoneMor Partners Names Inman Shipping Worldwide as Preferred Shipping Provider - May 22, 2018
You may be interested
Download Our FREE Memorial Day VideoCDFuneralNews - May 24, 2018
Finding the right Memorial Day content to express your gratitude and honoring those who have fallen for our country can…
FrontRunner Unveils its New ‘Final Resting Place’, GPS Enabled AppCDFuneralNews - May 24, 2018
FrontRunner today announced the unveiling of the new GPS enabled App, Final Resting Place, which allows funeral homes, cemeteries and…
Learn How Your Funeral Home Can Offer Natural Burials in The Green Burial GuidebookJustin Crowe - May 23, 2018
The Green Burial Guidebook is a new book by Elizabeth Fournier explaining the methods and ideas behind having an affordable, environmentally…