The Top Social Media Practices for Funeral Homes
The various social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.) are the “rock stars” of online marketing, according to this infographic by the Internet marketing firm Zephoria. Of these popular outlets, Facebook remains the far and away front runner, with over 77% of adult Internet users actively using the channel on a regular basis. Of these adult users, 71% are female and 62% are male (Incidentally, most funeral home owners say 65% – 75% of those shopping for death care services and planning funerals are female).
In the above mentioned infographic, some best practices are highlighted for those businesses who wish to tap into this active market. Check to see if you are utilizing these tactics:
- Social media is a primary part of a holistic and integrated marketing effort, in addition to maintaining an up-to-date web page and reaching out through more traditional methods. The old adage “Don’t put all your eggs in one basket” applies here.
- The posts that appear on Facebook and the other channels are planned out in advance using an editorial calendar. No more “posting just to post” with no strategy that guides outreach efforts.
- A thorough analytic process is used to determine how the firm’s efforts are doing in regards to reaching pre-determined goals. The regular use of statistical analysis informs key personnel as to how effective their efforts have been, and provides motivation toward doing even better.
- Business personnel include social media connections in their email signatures and in other public correspondence. Letting the public know where you reside in the social media world is definitely a good idea and displays the progressive nature of your business.
During the summer of 2015, for the first time ever, over one billion people across the globe were on Facebook at the same time. Denying the critical importance of actively establishing and maintaining a presence in Facebook is naïve and short-sighted at best and could lead to the self-destruction of your business. Don’t let this happen to you! If you don’t have any idea where to start, or if you simply don’t have the time to put the above practices into play, call us atDISRUPT Media. We can craft a Facebook strategy tailored to your business using our exclusive four part FUNERAL Social Design Process. Our process is what enables DISRUPT Media to claim that we are the funeral profession’s only full-service social media management firm. Our clients who are a part of our FUNERAL Social Design Process are seeing an increase in post reach and engagement of over 300%. Go to http://funeralsocial.com to find out more about the services we offer.
Mark Thogmartin, VP of Business Development at DISRUPT Media
Dr. Mark Thogmartin is a life-long educator, working with students from Kindergarten through the doctoral level. He has degrees from the University of Kentucky, the Ohio State University, and Andrews University. Mark’s book, Teach a Child to Read with Children’s Books, has gained wide acceptance among reading tutors and parents who are teaching their children at home. In addition to assisting his son, Ryan, at DISRUPT Media as Vice President of Business Development, he works part-time as a mentor of doctoral students at Capella University. Mark and his wife Donna live in Millersport and are the parents of three adult sons and the grandparents of two beautiful granddaughters.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- WHY DO WE GIVE ALL OUR CONTENT AWAY FOR FREE? | DISRUPT60 007 - July 18, 2018
- ASD’s Spanish Translation Services and Web Form Watch Dog™ Features Selected As Finalists for 2018 NFDA Members’ Choice Award - July 18, 2018
- WISCONSON VERDICT HAS HHUUGGEE IMPLICATIONS ON THE FUNERAL PROFESSION | FUNERAL nation 117 - July 16, 2018
You may be interested
WHY DO WE GIVE ALL OUR CONTENT AWAY FOR FREE? | DISRUPT60 007CDFuneralNews - July 18, 2018
This question gets asked on the daily, "Why do you give so much away for free?". It's a pretty simple…
ASD’s Spanish Translation Services and Web Form Watch Dog™ Features Selected As Finalists for 2018 NFDA Members’ Choice AwardCDFuneralNews - July 18, 2018
Media, PA—ASD–Answering Service for Directors is pleased to announce two of the company’s features have been recognized as finalists for…
WISCONSON VERDICT HAS HHUUGGEE IMPLICATIONS ON THE FUNERAL PROFESSION | FUNERAL nation 117CDFuneralNews - July 16, 2018
The divide continues in the land of cheese. Wisconsin Supreme Court delivered the final verdict saying Funeral Homes and cemeteries…