Seven Ways to Reach Out to Your Local Hospice
Article originally appeared on Golden Rule Funeral Home Blog
Funeral directors may see hospice as competition, but this shouldn’t be the case. Developing a relationship with your local hospice can be a rewarding endeavor. In my conversations with funeral directors, I’ve come across several ways to connect with these end-of-life caretakers.
Bridge the gap with your local hospice and see how you can work together to serve the families in your community. Here are some ways to get you started:
- Have someone from your funeral home be the main person that will develop the relationship with the hospice staff and volunteers.
- Invite hospice staff and volunteers to tour your facilities.
- Offer to hold grief and bereavement programs for families they serve at your location.
- Host an appreciation breakfast for the hospice nurses and other staff.
- Occasionally take donuts, pastries and/or bagels to the hospice for the nurses and staff. Everyone loves a donut!
- Provided printed materials for the hospice clients about services in the community, including any offered by your funeral home.
- Get involved with a hospice’s project throughout the year.
What are you doing to connect with hospice? Any other suggestions?
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- UPDATE ON HUGE FUNERAL INDUSTRY CIVIL LAWSUIT | FUNERAL nation 101 – CHANGE MAKERS - January 21, 2018
- OGR Annual Conference Offers Solutions to Business Problems in Savannah, GA April 4-6, 2018 - January 21, 2018
- Funeral Cribs Episode 5 – Sunset Memorial Park, Alabama - January 18, 2018
You may be interested
UPDATE ON HUGE FUNERAL INDUSTRY CIVIL LAWSUIT | FUNERAL nation 101 – CHANGE MAKERSCDFuneralNews - January 21, 2018
On this episode, we talk with a death care attorney who is handling a high profile civil lawsuit affecting thousands…
OGR Annual Conference Offers Solutions to Business Problems in Savannah, GA April 4-6, 2018CDFuneralNews - January 21, 2018
AUSTIN, TX – JANUARY 2018 - The International Order of the Golden Rule (OGR), the world’s leading professional association dedicated…
Funeral Cribs Episode 5 – Sunset Memorial Park, AlabamaCDFuneralNews - January 18, 2018
The Sunset Memorial Park Funeral Home has had one major goal in mind from the time it started until now,…