Seven Ways to Reach Out to Your Local Hospice
Article originally appeared on Golden Rule Funeral Home Blog
Funeral directors may see hospice as competition, but this shouldn’t be the case. Developing a relationship with your local hospice can be a rewarding endeavor. In my conversations with funeral directors, I’ve come across several ways to connect with these end-of-life caretakers.
Bridge the gap with your local hospice and see how you can work together to serve the families in your community. Here are some ways to get you started:
- Have someone from your funeral home be the main person that will develop the relationship with the hospice staff and volunteers.
- Invite hospice staff and volunteers to tour your facilities.
- Offer to hold grief and bereavement programs for families they serve at your location.
- Host an appreciation breakfast for the hospice nurses and other staff.
- Occasionally take donuts, pastries and/or bagels to the hospice for the nurses and staff. Everyone loves a donut!
- Provided printed materials for the hospice clients about services in the community, including any offered by your funeral home.
- Get involved with a hospice’s project throughout the year.
What are you doing to connect with hospice? Any other suggestions?
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Foundation Partners Group Adds Anderson-McQueen to FPG Family - August 17, 2017
- Sales Professional – North FL/Georgia - August 17, 2017
- On Our Soapbox: The Truth About Cremation | FUNERAL nation 085 - August 16, 2017
You may be interested
Foundation Partners Group Adds Anderson-McQueen to FPG FamilyCDFuneralNews - August 17, 2017
Orlando, FL – Foundation Partners Group (FPG), a leading provider of innovative funeral, cemetery and cremation experiences and products, has…
Sales Professional – North FL/GeorgiaCDFuneralNews - August 17, 2017
Wilbert Funeral Services Inc. is a wholesale product and service provider to the funeral industry. Our manufactured products include burial…
On Our Soapbox: The Truth About Cremation | FUNERAL nation 085CDFuneralNews - August 16, 2017
Cremation truth and Social Media Screwup: Watch Ryan & The Commander tell it like it is on their soapbox! (more…)