Seven Ways to Reach Out to Your Local Hospice
Article originally appeared on Golden Rule Funeral Home Blog
Funeral directors may see hospice as competition, but this shouldn’t be the case. Developing a relationship with your local hospice can be a rewarding endeavor. In my conversations with funeral directors, I’ve come across several ways to connect with these end-of-life caretakers.
Bridge the gap with your local hospice and see how you can work together to serve the families in your community. Here are some ways to get you started:
- Have someone from your funeral home be the main person that will develop the relationship with the hospice staff and volunteers.
- Invite hospice staff and volunteers to tour your facilities.
- Offer to hold grief and bereavement programs for families they serve at your location.
- Host an appreciation breakfast for the hospice nurses and other staff.
- Occasionally take donuts, pastries and/or bagels to the hospice for the nurses and staff. Everyone loves a donut!
- Provided printed materials for the hospice clients about services in the community, including any offered by your funeral home.
- Get involved with a hospice’s project throughout the year.
What are you doing to connect with hospice? Any other suggestions?
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038 - February 5, 2018
- Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding Achievement - February 5, 2018
- NFDA Introduces the 2018 Meet the Mentors Program Participants - January 30, 2018
You may be interested
IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038CDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
Are you ready to fight...!? Ready to FIGHT those recent Facebook Newsfeed changes?! You're in luck with this week's brand…
Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding AchievementCDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
West Des Moines, Iowa — Homesteaders Life Company, a national leader in pre-need funeral funding, held its national sales meeting and recognition…
We are Building Something Exciting for You… and We Need Your Help!Justin Crowe - January 31, 2018
We want to make your deathcare job easier. Tell us what you want in this 2-minute survey and get entered to win $100! The Connecting Directors and Disrupt Media teams are excited to be planning some new free funeral home marketing content and products for you in 2018 and we want to know what you need most! We want to know your biggest business wins of 2017, the tasks in your day that you hate, and what you feel is holding you back!