Seven Ways to Reach Out to Your Local Hospice
Article originally appeared on Golden Rule Funeral Home Blog
Funeral directors may see hospice as competition, but this shouldn’t be the case. Developing a relationship with your local hospice can be a rewarding endeavor. In my conversations with funeral directors, I’ve come across several ways to connect with these end-of-life caretakers.
Bridge the gap with your local hospice and see how you can work together to serve the families in your community. Here are some ways to get you started:
- Have someone from your funeral home be the main person that will develop the relationship with the hospice staff and volunteers.
- Invite hospice staff and volunteers to tour your facilities.
- Offer to hold grief and bereavement programs for families they serve at your location.
- Host an appreciation breakfast for the hospice nurses and other staff.
- Occasionally take donuts, pastries and/or bagels to the hospice for the nurses and staff. Everyone loves a donut!
- Provided printed materials for the hospice clients about services in the community, including any offered by your funeral home.
- Get involved with a hospice’s project throughout the year.
What are you doing to connect with hospice? Any other suggestions?
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Homesteaders: A Deep Dive | FUNERAL hustle 012 - September 14, 2017
- FrontRunner Professional Announces Ultimate ‘DIY’ Funeral Home Website Platform - September 14, 2017
- Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions Shares Integration Update - September 14, 2017
You may be interested
Homesteaders: A Deep Dive | FUNERAL hustle 012CDFuneralNews - September 14, 2017
Ryan heads to Homesteaders Life Company HQ to discuss their future partnership with Homesteaders and why and how this partnership…
FrontRunner Professional Announces Ultimate ‘DIY’ Funeral Home Website PlatformCDFuneralNews - September 14, 2017
Today FrontRunner Professional announced the release of it’s brand new website platform, marking a major change for the entire death…
Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions Shares Integration UpdateCDFuneralNews - September 14, 2017
PITTSBURGH, PA -- Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions today announced an update of key activities for its ongoing integration of Aurora…