Why Not Having a Facebook Content Calendar Is a Recipe For Failure
Article by: Mark Thogmartin, VP of Business Development at DISRUPT Media
You feel pretty good because you have created a Facebook page for your funeral home. Since 78% of consumers say social media impacts their purchasing decisions, it is very wise to have an active presence on Facebook. Now…what to post and when should you post it?
Posting just to post is not an effective strategy. Odds are, you will never have the time, in the crunch of your busy life, to find good content, on the fly, to display on your Facebook page. To be effective, you’ve got to set aside the time to plan, in advance, the content you will post on your page. Why is this so? Here are some reasons why creating a Facebook posting calendar is important:
- You can maintain an effective, well planned posting schedule because you have planned content in advance. If you wait until you have time to find content during the week, you will rarely put up new content because you will almost never find the time. Also, you won’t take the time to make sure images or videos are in the optimal size and format to be aesthetically pleasing to the eye. People will have more of a tendency to ignore the content you display.
- You can monitor the effectiveness of your posts because you can compare your performance statistics with the types and content of posts on particular days. As you review analytic data at the end of the month, you will notice high traffic on certain days. Because you can look back at your calendar, you can determine what was posted on that day. Was it a video? Was it grief related? Did it involve humor? This allows you to do more of what is working while avoiding ineffective content.
- If you utilize more than one social media channel, a content calendar keeps you from neglecting one channel while “overposting” on another. When asked, consumers often indicate that too many poorly written post is the most annoying thing on the various social media outlets. If it is possible to get too much of a good thing, getting too much of a bad thing is far worse! A calendar allows you to balance the content you share among the various outlets you utilize.
Whether you are the person responsible for maintaining your Facebook presence, or whether you’ve assigned the responsibility to someone else, you will see better results if the content you will share is planned in advance, preferably month by month. However, if all of this is beyond your ability to manage because of time restraints or because you just don’t feel you or any of your staff members have the expertise, you can call on us at DISRUPT Media to help. Let DISRUPT Media craft a Facebook strategy, including the creation of a monthly editorial calendar, tailored to your needs using our exclusive four part FUNERAL Social Design Process. Our process is what enables DISRUPT Media to claim that we are the funeral profession’s only full service social media provider. Our clients who are a part of our FUNERAL Social Design Process are seeing an increase in post reach and engagement of over 300%. Go to http://funeralsocial.com to find out more about the services we offer.
Latest posts by Mark Thogmartin (see all)
- Your Business Probably Has a Facebook Page (even if you didn’t create it) - December 9, 2015
- How Often Should You Post to Your Funeral Home’s Facebook Page? - October 6, 2015
- How to Improve The Organic Reach of Your Funeral Home’s Facebook Page - August 31, 2015
You may be interested
Homesteaders: A Deep Dive | FUNERAL hustle 012CDFuneralNews - September 14, 2017
Ryan heads to Homesteaders Life Company HQ to discuss their future partnership with Homesteaders and why and how this partnership…
FrontRunner Professional Announces Ultimate ‘DIY’ Funeral Home Website PlatformCDFuneralNews - September 14, 2017
Today FrontRunner Professional announced the release of it’s brand new website platform, marking a major change for the entire death…
Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions Shares Integration UpdateCDFuneralNews - September 14, 2017
PITTSBURGH, PA -- Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions today announced an update of key activities for its ongoing integration of Aurora…