More Than 2,000 People Certified By ICCFA As Crematory Operators And Cremation Arrangers
STERLING, VA (June 9, 2015)—Over the past two years, 2,072 people have completed one the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association’s three cremation certification programs: Crematory Operator, Cremation Arranger or Crematory Administrator.
The Crematory Operator Certification is the training required in 18 states (With #19, Nevada, as the next state) and 3 Canadian Provinces, before operating a crematory retort. It offers an in-depth look at what cremation is, the science behind it, the components and how to properly operate and maintain a retort machine, proper and constant tracking of remains, and an update on applicable laws and how to limit your liability.
ICCFA is the only deathcare organization providing a Cremation Arranger Certification. This training discusses the history, myths and facts about cremation, the preferences and desires of modern consumers, pricing vs. value, marketing, limiting liability, ethics and how to conduct an effective cremation arrangement where everyone walks away happy.
“This is truly a one-of-a-kind program,” said Poul Lemasters, Esq., ICCFA cremation programs coordinator. “It is built to help educate EVERYONE who interacts with a family choosing or asking about cremation.”
The Crematory Administrator Certification, another ICCFA original cremation program, is only offered as part of ICCFA University each year. This certification covers the business and liability aspects of providing cremation services.
All certification programs are approved for continuing education credit by the Academy of Professional Funeral Service Practice, are reasonably priced and include breakfast, lunch and an afternoon refreshment break.
Here are some comments shared by attendees:
- “This should be mandatory!” —Felicia Smith, Gupton-Jones College of Funeral Service
- “As an owner, what I learned from every presenter was all relevant. This was a well put together seminar.” —Bobby Thurman, Nelson Funeral Service, Inc.
- “I greatly appreciate the law portion of the training—so important.” —Heather Aldridge, student at Arkansas State University
- “Great program! So glad I traveled to get here.” —Karri McClatchey, Shinn Funeral Service
- “I learned that the language we use to describe our business and the service and products we offer is critical!” —Kelsey Myers, student at Arkansas State University
Upcoming training events include:
- July 17-22 (in conjunction with ICCFA University) where all three certificates will be available: Memphis, Tennessee
- September 10-11, Cremation Operator and Arranger: Dallas Institute of Funeral Service, Dallas, Texas
Registration for these programs, as well as advice and answers to cremation concerns, may be found at www.cremationcentral.com.
Founded in 1887, the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association is the only international trade association representing all segments of the cemetery, cremation, funeral and memorialization profession. Its membership is composed of more than 9,100 rooftop locations and 20,000 professionals in the cemetery, funeral home and crematory industries, as well as supplier and related businesses worldwide.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038 - February 5, 2018
- Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding Achievement - February 5, 2018
- NFDA Introduces the 2018 Meet the Mentors Program Participants - January 30, 2018
You may be interested
IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038CDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
Are you ready to fight...!? Ready to FIGHT those recent Facebook Newsfeed changes?! You're in luck with this week's brand…
Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding AchievementCDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
West Des Moines, Iowa — Homesteaders Life Company, a national leader in pre-need funeral funding, held its national sales meeting and recognition…
We are Building Something Exciting for You… and We Need Your Help!Justin Crowe - January 31, 2018
We want to make your deathcare job easier. Tell us what you want in this 2-minute survey and get entered to win $100! The Connecting Directors and Disrupt Media teams are excited to be planning some new free funeral home marketing content and products for you in 2018 and we want to know what you need most! We want to know your biggest business wins of 2017, the tasks in your day that you hate, and what you feel is holding you back!