More Than 2,000 People Certified By ICCFA As Crematory Operators And Cremation Arrangers
STERLING, VA (June 9, 2015)—Over the past two years, 2,072 people have completed one the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association’s three cremation certification programs: Crematory Operator, Cremation Arranger or Crematory Administrator.
The Crematory Operator Certification is the training required in 18 states (With #19, Nevada, as the next state) and 3 Canadian Provinces, before operating a crematory retort. It offers an in-depth look at what cremation is, the science behind it, the components and how to properly operate and maintain a retort machine, proper and constant tracking of remains, and an update on applicable laws and how to limit your liability.
ICCFA is the only deathcare organization providing a Cremation Arranger Certification. This training discusses the history, myths and facts about cremation, the preferences and desires of modern consumers, pricing vs. value, marketing, limiting liability, ethics and how to conduct an effective cremation arrangement where everyone walks away happy.
“This is truly a one-of-a-kind program,” said Poul Lemasters, Esq., ICCFA cremation programs coordinator. “It is built to help educate EVERYONE who interacts with a family choosing or asking about cremation.”
The Crematory Administrator Certification, another ICCFA original cremation program, is only offered as part of ICCFA University each year. This certification covers the business and liability aspects of providing cremation services.
All certification programs are approved for continuing education credit by the Academy of Professional Funeral Service Practice, are reasonably priced and include breakfast, lunch and an afternoon refreshment break.
Here are some comments shared by attendees:
- “This should be mandatory!” —Felicia Smith, Gupton-Jones College of Funeral Service
- “As an owner, what I learned from every presenter was all relevant. This was a well put together seminar.” —Bobby Thurman, Nelson Funeral Service, Inc.
- “I greatly appreciate the law portion of the training—so important.” —Heather Aldridge, student at Arkansas State University
- “Great program! So glad I traveled to get here.” —Karri McClatchey, Shinn Funeral Service
- “I learned that the language we use to describe our business and the service and products we offer is critical!” —Kelsey Myers, student at Arkansas State University
Upcoming training events include:
- July 17-22 (in conjunction with ICCFA University) where all three certificates will be available: Memphis, Tennessee
- September 10-11, Cremation Operator and Arranger: Dallas Institute of Funeral Service, Dallas, Texas
Registration for these programs, as well as advice and answers to cremation concerns, may be found at www.cremationcentral.com.
Founded in 1887, the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association is the only international trade association representing all segments of the cemetery, cremation, funeral and memorialization profession. Its membership is composed of more than 9,100 rooftop locations and 20,000 professionals in the cemetery, funeral home and crematory industries, as well as supplier and related businesses worldwide.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Homesteaders: A Deep Dive | FUNERAL hustle 012 - September 14, 2017
- FrontRunner Professional Announces Ultimate ‘DIY’ Funeral Home Website Platform - September 14, 2017
- Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions Shares Integration Update - September 14, 2017
You may be interested
Homesteaders: A Deep Dive | FUNERAL hustle 012CDFuneralNews - September 14, 2017
Ryan heads to Homesteaders Life Company HQ to discuss their future partnership with Homesteaders and why and how this partnership…
FrontRunner Professional Announces Ultimate ‘DIY’ Funeral Home Website PlatformCDFuneralNews - September 14, 2017
Today FrontRunner Professional announced the release of it’s brand new website platform, marking a major change for the entire death…
Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions Shares Integration UpdateCDFuneralNews - September 14, 2017
PITTSBURGH, PA -- Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions today announced an update of key activities for its ongoing integration of Aurora…