IMSA Seeks Applicants for Executive Director Position
The International Memorialization Supply Association (IMSA) is seeking qualified candidates to apply for its newly created executive director role. IMSA comprises the group of organizations and their representative professionals that offer products and services for use in funeral related commerce. IMSA exists to create member benefits by working in conjunction with the various industry associations.
The complete position description follows. Additional information about IMSA is available online, www.imsa-online.com. Interested candidates should e-mail their resume to Gary Forston, [email protected].
International Memorialization Supply Association: Executive Director Position Description
Responsible for directing all functions related to the operation, administration and communication of International Memorialization Supply Association (IMSA).
- Maintain historical and current records of IMSA
- Accept all incoming communications to IMSA and relay them as appropriate to IMSA officers and members and respond accordingly
- Review, verify and submit bills for payment.
- Collect annual membership dues, send reminder notices, maintain records of current and past members and communicate membership status to IMSA Board
- Work with the President to develop meeting and conference call agendas
- Prepare and disseminate meeting materials and details prior to the in-person meeting 30 days prior
- Record and distribute draft minutes for review with the Secretary, then distribute to all
- Administer and implement decisions resulting from meetings, as appropriate
- Secure convention/hotel space as required for IMSA Membership Meeting.
- Plan and coordinate meeting logistics including meals, AV, room setup, transportation and extra events
- Oversee and direct the work of the marketing, fundraising and other consultants
- Review all invoices against contracts and services provided
- All other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree required. Strong interpersonal skills, strong leadership skills and vision along with the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing are essential. Position requires an ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, an attention to detail and the highest degree of confidentiality. Must be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with a variety of diverse individuals. Must be flexible regarding work hours and have the ability to travel occasionally. Knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications required. Prior experience in Non-Profit/Associations preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for a long time period, use hands/fingers to manipulate a computer keyboard, communicate verbally over the phone and in person and hear. The employee is required to stand and walk, sometimes bend, twist, stoop, reach, kneel, crouch, grasp, and lift up to 35 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
You may be interested
10 Visionary Death Care Entrepreneurs Revolutionizing How We DieJustin Crowe - June 20, 2018
Looking at the business that these 10 death care entrepreneurs have created, there is an overwhelming sense of certainty that…
Tukios Announces New HD Video Book ProductCDFuneralNews - June 20, 2018
OGDEN, Utah - Tukios has introduced an innovative new keepsake with the recently released Video Book. At an affordable price,…