ICCFA, Colma Education Partner To Offer Live Streaming Video From The ICCFA Annual Convention
STERLING, VA (March 16, 2015) – The International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association has partnered with Colma Education to offer those who cannot attend its Annual Convention access to live-streaming video and session recordings of selected educational sessions for $295. To subscribe to the service, visit www.colmaeducation.com/iccfa.
Continuing education credit may be earned for individuals who watch these 13 sessions and take a short test demonstrating they absorbed the material presented:
- “Making Green by Going Green,” John Eric Rolfstad
- “The Funeral Experience of the Future … Today!,” Brad Rex
- “Programming & Fundraising for Historic Cemeteries,” Paul Williams
- “Five Changes You Need to Make to Remain Viable,” Dan Isard
- “Power Branding in the Funeral Industry,” Steve McKee
- “The Ultimate Cremation Sales Toolkit in Just 50 Minutes,” Lacy Robinson and Steve Jones
- “The New Facebook: How the Social Media Game Has Changed,” Zack Garbow
- “Providing a Continuum of Care from Hospice to Funeral Service,” panel discussion
- “Guerrilla Branding: Online Strategies for Funeral Home,” Eric Spellmann
- “Transform Your Bottom Line & Enhance Your Customer Satisfaction Through Technology Today,” Bob Sheridan
- “Inbound Marketing: The Future of Funeral Home Marketing,” John Callaghan
- “Treehuggers, Baby Boomers and Republicans: Who Wants a Green Funeral and Why,” Lee Webster
- “When is the Right Time to Buy or Sell?,” Tony Kumming and Dwight Glover
More sessions may be added in the coming weeks. To subscribe to the service, visit www.colmaeducation.com/iccfa.
ICCFA’s Annual Convention & Expo, April 8-11, 2015, in San Antonio, Texas, is the fastest-growing convention in the funeral profession. It will feature more than 30 educational sessions, 12 hours of exhibiting by vendors with free food & drinks throughout, the ability to earn up to 15.5 continuing education credits, numerous special events and networking opportunities, and much more.
“After conducting some research last year, we found that a majority of our members are not financially able to attend our conferences in person,” said ICCFA president I. Frederick Lappin, CCE. “This new partnership gives more of our members an opportunity to participate in their association’s Annual Convention, and for non-members to get a taste of the delectable offerings the ICCFA convention has to offer.”
Thirteen sessions will be live-streamed and recorded. Subscribers will have the option of watching sessions from one of two breakout rooms during the convention. They may eventually watch all sessions being offered, and complete and pass short quizzes to earn continuing education credit for them all.
Colma Education is a company offering video education and live streaming coverage of educational events in the deathcare profession, some of them offering continuing education credit. The first time ICCFA and Colma Education partnered to offer streaming video from an ICCFA conference was at the Wide World of Sales Conference in January. Many attendees commented favorably about the added bonus of colleagues back home having the ability to watch the live-streaming video as their schedules would allow it. Access to the session recordings were also offered free of charge to those who attended the conference. And are available for purchase for on-demand viewing here: www.colmaeducation.com/wws.
“Colma Education is very pleased to work with the ICCFA to live-stream this event. I think this will greatly improve access to the material for those who might otherwise might not be able to attend,” said Tyler Fraser, CEO of Colma Education.
There’s still time to register to attend the ICCFA Annual Convention & Expo in person by visiting www.iccfaconvention.com. Walk-ins are welcome as well.
Founded in 1887, the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association is the only international trade association representing all segments of the cemetery, cremation, funeral and memorialization profession. Its membership is composed of more than 9,100 rooftop locations and 18,500 professionals in the cemetery, funeral home and crematory industries, as well as supplier and related businesses worldwide.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Download Our FREE Memorial Day Video - May 24, 2018
- FrontRunner Unveils its New ‘Final Resting Place’, GPS Enabled App - May 24, 2018
- StoneMor Partners Names Inman Shipping Worldwide as Preferred Shipping Provider - May 22, 2018
You may be interested
Download Our FREE Memorial Day VideoCDFuneralNews - May 24, 2018
Finding the right Memorial Day content to express your gratitude and honoring those who have fallen for our country can…
FrontRunner Unveils its New ‘Final Resting Place’, GPS Enabled AppCDFuneralNews - May 24, 2018
FrontRunner today announced the unveiling of the new GPS enabled App, Final Resting Place, which allows funeral homes, cemeteries and…
Learn How Your Funeral Home Can Offer Natural Burials in The Green Burial GuidebookJustin Crowe - May 23, 2018
The Green Burial Guidebook is a new book by Elizabeth Fournier explaining the methods and ideas behind having an affordable, environmentally…