Sales Manager – Glendora, CA
Selling Power Magazine rated SCI/Dignity Memorial #31 in the Top 50 Best Service Companies to Sell For (2013)! We are growing our sales force by 30% this year to meet the increasing demand for our products and services. This opportunity represents exceptional income potential, training, and career advancement!
We are looking for a strong, professional Sales Manager for the Glendora, CA Market.
The Sales Manager’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Ability to motivate individuals with excellent communication skills, incredible relationship-building abilities, and a natural talent to lead
- Managing Sales Professionals, including motivating Sales Teams to become highly productive in a professional environment
- The Sales Manager will coach and mentor the Sales Counselors to manage leads and train the team on customer service and satisfaction, prospecting, product knowledge, sales presentations, closing skills, product/service pricing, terms, paperwork, and interpreting sales guidelines
- Help prepare yearly sales quotas and ensure that quotas are achieved
- Recruit and hire Sales Counselors
- Provide Sales Counselors with proper training regarding sales techniques, legal requirements, and company products, policies, and procedures
- Review and evaluate the Sales Team’s performance
- Handle personnel issues concerning the Sales Team
- Conduct and assist in the Weekly Sales Meeting
- Ensure all contracts and paperwork is completed and returned accurately and in a timely manner
- Work in the Field with the Sales Team
- Traveling locally is required
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
Requirements & Qualifications
- Minimum of 5-7 years of work experience as a Sales Manager
- Basic computer and technology skills required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent understanding of the selling process
- Time management and organizational skills
- Proven Sales Team leadership in a quota-driven environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Creative and detail-oriented
- Service industry experience preferred
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Five EASY Tips For Your 2018 Marketing and a FREE ___!!! | DISRUPTu! 035 - January 15, 2018
- How to Keep Families Engaged on your Website - January 15, 2018
- 5 Ways to Build Your Business - January 12, 2018
You may be interested
FBI Investigates Funeral Home Running “Remains Dealing” Side-BusinessJustin Crowe - January 15, 2018
The Federal Bureau of Investigation is checking into Sunset Mesa Funeral Home in Montrose, CO, where owner Megan Hess is…
MAJOR Facebook News Feed Changes and What They Mean For Your Deathcare BusinessRyan Thogmartin - January 15, 2018
Last week, Facebook made an announcement about MAJOR changes coming to the news feed algorithm. Watch this Facebook Live to learn how…
Five EASY Tips For Your 2018 Marketing and a FREE ___!!! | DISRUPTu! 035CDFuneralNews - January 15, 2018
It’s good to be back! A new year, new goals and new goals to CRUSH! Ryan answers how you use…