Funeral Director – Premier Location
Overview & Responsibilities
We are currently seeking a licensed Funeral Director at one of our premier locations. This is a great opportunity to grow your career, with training and advancement.
This position interacts directly with client families during their time of need and is responsible for creating and maintaining a premier level of client family satisfaction. Our Funeral Directors are looking for more than a career – it’s a calling. The chance to make a real difference helping families during difficult times through compassion, understanding and providing the utmost in service.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
Requirements & Qualifications
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must have the appropriate state funeral licensure or the ability to reciprocate license from another state
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with families during time of need and create and maintain a premier level of client family satisfaction
- Proficient with computers and technology with knowledge of MS Office Tools
- Ability to manage a caseload while creating an exceptional customer experience
- Excellent driving skills and record
- Ability to lift 50 lbs or more
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- CHANGE MAKERS: Meet The Millennials, The Future of the Funeral Profession | FUNERAL nation 103 - February 13, 2018
- Homesteaders Introduces Burnout Prevention Program for Funeral Professionals - February 13, 2018
- In 2018, What Are the Best Times to Post On Social Media? - February 12, 2018
You may be interested
CHANGE MAKERS: Meet The Millennials, The Future of the Funeral Profession | FUNERAL nation 103CDFuneralNews - February 13, 2018
On this episode, Jeff and Ryan interview the duo that created the millennial funeral directors group, Millennial Directors. This is…
Homesteaders Introduces Burnout Prevention Program for Funeral ProfessionalsCDFuneralNews - February 13, 2018
West Des Moines, Iowa – Homesteaders Life Company, in partnership with Dr. Jason Troyer, author and founder of Mount Hope…
In 2018, What Are the Best Times to Post On Social Media?CDFuneralNews - February 12, 2018
Social media is one of the best ways to amplify your brand and the great content you’re creating. But it…