Funeral Home Manager – Canoga Park, CA
We are currently seeking a qualified individual to continue the tradition of excellence at Gates, Kingsley & Gates Praiswater in Canoga Park, CA. Knowledge of all aspects of Cemetery/Funeral Home operations & sales acumen is essential.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of this location. Critical to the success of this operation are flawless execution standards combined with a thorough understanding of our unique demographics and clientele. The successful candidate will be expected to direct and lead all personnel and ensure that the facility and equipment are maintained to a high degree of readiness.
- To develop and maintain a positive environment so that employees are motivated to strive for performance excellence and achievement
- To provide a premier level of client satisfaction that will satisfy the needs of every client family and upholds the Dignity Promises
- To identify, implement and continuously improve the internal business practices that impact customer satisfaction, employee morale and financial performance
- To exceed the location’s targeted financial goals and marketing strategies in close collaboration with the sales and marketing departments
- To engage in and support all sales related activities and programs and personnel
- Previous Cemetery/Funeral Home Management experience is essential with at least 3 years of experience preferred
- Must understand how to analyze financial reports to determine actions necessary to maintain and/or improve the location’s performance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A willingness to participate in community organizations
- Superior management skills and desire to advance within the company
- State Funeral Service License is required
- Basic computer and technology skills required
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- 2017 REFLECTION OF NFDA BOSTON AND A TRIBUTE TO THE VETERANS | FUNERAL nation 094 - November 13, 2017
- Justin Baxley Joins Homesteaders Life Company - November 13, 2017
- Carriage Funeral Services Busting into Colorado Market - November 13, 2017
You may be interested
2017 REFLECTION OF NFDA BOSTON AND A TRIBUTE TO THE VETERANS | FUNERAL nation 094CDFuneralNews - November 13, 2017
On this episode, we send a big "thank you" to our very own Funeral Commander, Jeff Harbeson in honor of…
Justin Baxley Joins Homesteaders Life CompanyCDFuneralNews - November 13, 2017
West Des Moines, Iowa — Homesteaders Life Company Vice President of Strategic Markets Will Bischoff announced today that Justin Baxley…
Carriage Funeral Services Busting into Colorado MarketCDFuneralNews - November 13, 2017
Originally Published on Houston Business Journal A Houston-based funeral home company is entering the Colorado market by acquiring two northern…