Licensed Embalmer – Wheat Ridge, CO
We are currently seeking a licensed Embalmer at one of our premier locations in Wheat Ridge, CO. The qualified individual will be responsible for embalming and may perform other funeral related duties as needed o as requested by management.
- Care for deceased in a respectful manner while performing a variety of tasks which include: embalming, removals and transfers, cosmetology, dressing, hairstyling, and any other preparation required for human remains
- Adhere to all professional, municipal, state/provincial and federal licensing authority regulations applicable to embalming and preparing human remains
- Promote a safe work environment be being aware of and practicing universal precautions and adopting general principles of safe conduct
- Assist with maintenance of preparation room and the facility; receive caskets and other funeral home supplies
- High school diploma or equivalent and State Funeral Service/Embalmer Licenserequired or have the ability to reciprocate quickly
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent driving skills and record
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more
- Proficient with computers and technology, with knowledge of MS Office Tools
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with families during time of need and create and maintain a premier level of client family satisfaction
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company matching
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more!
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
* Your employment would be with an affiliate location of SCI
You may be interested
10 Visionary Death Care Entrepreneurs Revolutionizing How We DieJustin Crowe - June 20, 2018
Looking at the business that these 10 death care entrepreneurs have created, there is an overwhelming sense of certainty that…
Tukios Announces New HD Video Book ProductCDFuneralNews - June 20, 2018
OGDEN, Utah - Tukios has introduced an innovative new keepsake with the recently released Video Book. At an affordable price,…