Office Manager at Trull Funeral Home & Cremation Centre – Toronto, ON
We are currently seeking a qualified and professional Office Manager at Trull Funeral Home & Cremation Centre in Toronto, ON. The Office Manager will play a key role in the daily administrative operations of the office and will handle all business-related issues and non-routine situations by determining the appropriate course of action.
- Resolve escalated issues as needed
- Review, code and submit invoices for processing
- Handle receipts, office filing, and daily phone calls
- Handle payments, deposits and contract processing
- Maintain compliance procedures and reports
- Interpret guidelines, procedures, policies and practices and convey messages to associates in a clear and concise manner
- Handle confidential information related the business operations and employees
- Interact with all levels of personnel including customers and management
- High School graduate and some college coursework required; Associate’s degree is a plus
- Experienced administrative professional preferably in a service related environment and office with contract processing as part of the function
- Bookkeeping, general office, clerical accounting, and Accounts Payable experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to work proactively and positively with staff and customers
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail & ability to multitask
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to work well in a team environment and establish good rapport at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of initiative and independent judgment
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- UPDATE ON HUGE FUNERAL INDUSTRY CIVIL LAWSUIT | FUNERAL nation 101 – CHANGE MAKERS - January 21, 2018
- OGR Annual Conference Offers Solutions to Business Problems in Savannah, GA April 4-6, 2018 - January 21, 2018
- Funeral Cribs Episode 5 – Sunset Memorial Park, Alabama - January 18, 2018
You may be interested
UPDATE ON HUGE FUNERAL INDUSTRY CIVIL LAWSUIT | FUNERAL nation 101 – CHANGE MAKERSCDFuneralNews - January 21, 2018
On this episode, we talk with a death care attorney who is handling a high profile civil lawsuit affecting thousands…
OGR Annual Conference Offers Solutions to Business Problems in Savannah, GA April 4-6, 2018CDFuneralNews - January 21, 2018
AUSTIN, TX – JANUARY 2018 - The International Order of the Golden Rule (OGR), the world’s leading professional association dedicated…
Funeral Cribs Episode 5 – Sunset Memorial Park, AlabamaCDFuneralNews - January 18, 2018
The Sunset Memorial Park Funeral Home has had one major goal in mind from the time it started until now,…