Funeral Director – Burnaby, BC
We are currently seeking a licensed Funeral Director at one of our local funeral home locations in Burnaby, BC. This is a great opportunity to grow your career, with training and advancement.
This position interacts directly with client families during their time of need and is responsible for creating and maintaining a premier level of client family satisfaction. Our Funeral Directors are looking for more than a career – it’s a calling. The chance to make a real difference helping families during difficult times through compassion, understanding and providing the utmost in service.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred but not required
- 1-2 years minimum of experience with service arrangements
- Must have the appropriate state funeral licensure or the ability to reciprocate license from another state
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with families during time of need and create and maintain a premier level of client family satisfaction
- Proficient with computers and technology with knowledge of MS Office Tools
- Ability to manage a busy caseload while creating an exceptional customer experience
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company matching
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
- Advanced training resources, career advancement opportunities
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- What Does It Mean To You To Be a Funeral Director? - October 10, 2017
- Memory Glass Partners With Messenger - October 10, 2017
- Batesville Inducted into Indiana Manufacturers Hall of Fame - October 10, 2017
You may be interested
What Does It Mean To You To Be a Funeral Director?CDFuneralNews - October 10, 2017
Guest article was written and provided by Dylan Stopher, Wilbert Vaults of Houston “Show me the manner in which a…
Memory Glass Partners With MessengerCDFuneralNews - October 10, 2017
Auburn, IN: - Memory Glass and Messenger are pleased to announce their partnership to extend the reach of the custom…
Batesville Inducted into Indiana Manufacturers Hall of FameCDFuneralNews - October 10, 2017
BATESVILLE, Indiana, October 5, 2017 – Batesville, the nation’s largest casket manufacturer and leading provider of comprehensive solutions to the…