Funeral Director – Toronto, ON
We are currently seeking a licensed Funeral Director at one of our local funeral home locations in Toronto, ON. This is a great opportunity to grow your career, with training and advancement.
This position interacts directly with client families during their time of need and is responsible for creating and maintaining a premier level of client family satisfaction. Our Funeral Directors are looking for more than a career – it’s a calling. The chance to make a real difference helping families during difficult times through compassion, understanding and providing the utmost in service.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred but not required
- 1-2 years minimum of experience with service arrangements
- Must have the appropriate state funeral licensure or the ability to reciprocate license from another state
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with families during time of need and create and maintain a premier level of client family satisfaction
- Proficient with computers and technology with knowledge of MS Office Tools
- Ability to manage a busy caseload while creating an exceptional customer experience
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company matching
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
- Advanced training resources, career advancement opportunities
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Yes, it’s true: More people die in January - February 6, 2018
- Pierce Sales Representatives Earn Special Achievement Awards - February 6, 2018
- Legacy Funeral Group Expands, Acquiring Seven Funeral Homes & Two Cemeteries - February 6, 2018
You may be interested
Yes, it’s true: More people die in JanuaryCDFuneralNews - February 6, 2018
Originally Published on Legacy.com Since founding Legacy.com in 1998, I have noticed that the winter months are busier than the…
Pierce Sales Representatives Earn Special Achievement AwardsCDFuneralNews - February 6, 2018
BROADVIEW, IL, February 5, 2018 – Pierce was honored to present sales achievement awards to three Regional Sales Representatives and…
Legacy Funeral Group Expands, Acquiring Seven Funeral Homes & Two CemeteriesCDFuneralNews - February 6, 2018
(Houston, TX) Legacy Funeral Group announces the acquisition of seven funeral homes and two cemeteries; a significant expansion of its…