General Manager – Chicago, Illinois
Seeking General Manager for Mount Hope Cemetery in Chicago, Illinois
130 year-old, family owned, large volume cemetery is seeking a General Manager responsible for operations, marketing, sales, finance, human resources and public relations. Apart of a highly respected, locally owned corporation, the General Manager will have the opportunity to operate the location with flexibility to grow the business while being supported by our established network of resources and personnel.
- Work with the foreman, sales and office staff to ensure all burials and paperwork are completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Evaluate and improve location procedures and processes to improve efficiency and ensure staff buy-in.
- Facilitate communication between departments and engender a team atmosphere.
- Establish systems to measure employees’ performance and hold them accountable.
- Identify areas of waste and make all areas of the operation more cost efficient.
- Offer compassionate assistance to families and resolve elevated complaints or concerns in a timely fashion.
- Assist the President in the development of a sales system which utilizes cemetery’s vast customer base to improve profitability and longevity.
- Oversee billing department to manage accounts receivable, ensuring proactive approach.
- Assist with implementation of an IT system.
- Facilitate staff’s potential to achieve greater success.
- Proven leadership skills in cemetery management (3-5 years).
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills with customer focus.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Proven ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- File application for Cemetery Manager license with IDFPR prior to beginning employment and obtain license within six months.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com in order to apply for this position.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Cremation Innovations Summit to be Held in Las Vegas - February 18, 2018
- FrontRunner Professional Chosen as a Preferred Partner by Selected Independent Funeral Homes - February 18, 2018
- The Signature Group Names Inman Shipping Worldwide as Preferred Provider - February 16, 2018
You may be interested
Here’s What We Can Learn From Fans Scattering Ashes at the Super BowlJustin Crowe - February 18, 2018
During last week's celebration festivities for the Philadelphia Eagles' Super Bowl win, we noticed a trend emerging on social media.…
Cremation Innovations Summit to be Held in Las VegasCDFuneralNews - February 18, 2018
WALL, N.J. – Today, more people are getting cremated than buried, and “traditional” doesn’t mean anything when it comes to…
FrontRunner Professional Chosen as a Preferred Partner by Selected Independent Funeral HomesCDFuneralNews - February 18, 2018
FrontRunner Professional announced today that they have been chosen as a Preferred Partner for technology and marketing solutions by Selected…