General Manager – Chicago, Illinois
Seeking General Manager for Mount Hope Cemetery in Chicago, Illinois
130 year-old, family owned, large volume cemetery is seeking a General Manager responsible for operations, marketing, sales, finance, human resources and public relations. Apart of a highly respected, locally owned corporation, the General Manager will have the opportunity to operate the location with flexibility to grow the business while being supported by our established network of resources and personnel.
- Work with the foreman, sales and office staff to ensure all burials and paperwork are completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Evaluate and improve location procedures and processes to improve efficiency and ensure staff buy-in.
- Facilitate communication between departments and engender a team atmosphere.
- Establish systems to measure employees’ performance and hold them accountable.
- Identify areas of waste and make all areas of the operation more cost efficient.
- Offer compassionate assistance to families and resolve elevated complaints or concerns in a timely fashion.
- Assist the President in the development of a sales system which utilizes cemetery’s vast customer base to improve profitability and longevity.
- Oversee billing department to manage accounts receivable, ensuring proactive approach.
- Assist with implementation of an IT system.
- Facilitate staff’s potential to achieve greater success.
- Proven leadership skills in cemetery management (3-5 years).
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills with customer focus.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Proven ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- File application for Cemetery Manager license with IDFPR prior to beginning employment and obtain license within six months.
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] in order to apply for this position.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Download Our FREE Memorial Day Video - May 24, 2018
- FrontRunner Unveils its New ‘Final Resting Place’, GPS Enabled App - May 24, 2018
- StoneMor Partners Names Inman Shipping Worldwide as Preferred Shipping Provider - May 22, 2018
You may be interested
Download Our FREE Memorial Day VideoCDFuneralNews - May 24, 2018
Finding the right Memorial Day content to express your gratitude and honoring those who have fallen for our country can…
FrontRunner Unveils its New ‘Final Resting Place’, GPS Enabled AppCDFuneralNews - May 24, 2018
FrontRunner today announced the unveiling of the new GPS enabled App, Final Resting Place, which allows funeral homes, cemeteries and…
Learn How Your Funeral Home Can Offer Natural Burials in The Green Burial GuidebookJustin Crowe - May 23, 2018
The Green Burial Guidebook is a new book by Elizabeth Fournier explaining the methods and ideas behind having an affordable, environmentally…