General Manager – Chicago, Illinois
Seeking General Manager for Mount Hope Cemetery in Chicago, Illinois
130 year-old, family owned, large volume cemetery is seeking a General Manager responsible for operations, marketing, sales, finance, human resources and public relations. Apart of a highly respected, locally owned corporation, the General Manager will have the opportunity to operate the location with flexibility to grow the business while being supported by our established network of resources and personnel.
- Work with the foreman, sales and office staff to ensure all burials and paperwork are completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Evaluate and improve location procedures and processes to improve efficiency and ensure staff buy-in.
- Facilitate communication between departments and engender a team atmosphere.
- Establish systems to measure employees’ performance and hold them accountable.
- Identify areas of waste and make all areas of the operation more cost efficient.
- Offer compassionate assistance to families and resolve elevated complaints or concerns in a timely fashion.
- Assist the President in the development of a sales system which utilizes cemetery’s vast customer base to improve profitability and longevity.
- Oversee billing department to manage accounts receivable, ensuring proactive approach.
- Assist with implementation of an IT system.
- Facilitate staff’s potential to achieve greater success.
- Proven leadership skills in cemetery management (3-5 years).
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills with customer focus.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Proven ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- File application for Cemetery Manager license with IDFPR prior to beginning employment and obtain license within six months.
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] in order to apply for this position.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- RELEASE THE FN CRAKN! | FUNERAL nation 114 - June 18, 2018
- FrontRunner Professional Announces Expansion of Development Team - June 18, 2018
- Understanding Cremation Growth - June 14, 2018
You may be interested
FTC Releases Results of Undercover Funeral Rule Investigation… 4 Regions BombedJustin Crowe - June 18, 2018
The FTC has released its report detailing the results of its undercover Funeral Rule investigation for 2017. Last year, the…
RELEASE THE FN CRAKN! | FUNERAL nation 114CDFuneralNews - June 18, 2018
It's a barn burner... The Commander is moving his Command Post!!! Besides the Commander on the move, the boys speak…
FrontRunner Professional Announces Expansion of Development TeamCDFuneralNews - June 18, 2018
Today FrontRunner Professional announced a significant expansion to their programming and development team with the addition of Greg Daye and…