18 Signs You’re Funeral Director In Need of a Vacation
Article originally published by FuneralOne
Ahhh, summer time.
For your teacher friends, that means two whole months of vacation.
For the rest of your friends that means at least one 2-week long vacation.
But for you, my fellow funeral director, summer time just means there’s a bigger change you might catch some sunlight when you get out of work. It’s no secret that being a funeral director means little to no vacation time. But sometimes you get that “itch” where you just gotta get away. Wondering if you’re due for a vacation just yet? Here are 18 signs you’re a funeral director in need of a vacation… right now.
1. You can’t remember the last time you saw sunlight.
2. Probably because you’re used to waking up before the sun rises.
3. Coffee is pretty much the only thing keeping you alive.
3. Even still, you sometimes feel like you are on the verge of dropping dead.
4. Your friends no longer ask how you are because they already know the answer.
5. You can’t remember the last date you didn’t have to cancel or leave.
6. You’ve started to fall behind on your household chores.
7. … And with your after-work workout.
8. You genuinely don’t want to hear about your friend’s awesome vacation experience.
9. You’re usually a “YES” person, but lately if a fellow funeral director asks for a favor, you just can’t right now.
10. Why? Because you’re just sooooo tired.
11. Like, beyond the point of exhaustion.
12. Yep. At this point, any hope of long-term concentration has been abandoned.
13. And the only people you can talk to about it can’t actually listen (maybe because they’re not living).
14. It’s safe to say you’re not sure how much longer you can go on like this.
15. The only thing you have to look forward to is the moment you get to go home and change in your comfy clothes.
16. And to the imaginary vacation you’ve been day dreaming about for months.
17. But for now you know you have to just keep trucking.
18. Until that magical vacation finally does arrive.
Where would you take your dream vacation? Tell us in the comments below!
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Marching Forward, Making Sales at the 2018 ICCFA Wide World of Sales Conference - November 15, 2017
- BEAN TOWN BREAK DOWN | FUNERAL hustle 015 - November 14, 2017
- NFDA Goes Big In Boston - November 14, 2017
You may be interested
4 Products Beating the Funeral Merchandise Quality EpidemicJustin Crowe - November 15, 2017
Since entering the funeral industry, I have felt a taboo around talking about the topic of quality in relation to…
Winter is coming: How forward-thinking funeral homes are preparing for the Internet Generation.Will Chang - November 15, 2017
Four years ago, my cofounder Tyler’s grandmother passed away. Tasked with the responsibility of planning a funeral in his late…
Marching Forward, Making Sales at the 2018 ICCFA Wide World of Sales ConferenceCDFuneralNews - November 15, 2017
STERLING, VA (November 13, 2017) – The International Cemetery, Cremation & Funeral Association (ICCFA) has announced its program schedule for…