General Manager – West Roxbury, MA
The General Manager is committed to meeting the goals and objectives of the Gardens. The position requires the General Manger to plan, organize, coordinate and manage the customer service, administration, marketing, all office functions and grounds activities of the Cemetery. In addition, they are responsible for coordinating and supporting a harmonious interaction between the Sales, Fundraising, Office and Grounds personnel. The General Manager is required to conduct them in a professional manner to promote a cooperative, service-oriented work environment. The General Manager reports to the President.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES/PRINCIPLE ACTIVITIES:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing plan which includes but not limited to social media, constant contact and web marketing.
- Manage the accurate processing of all revenue passing through the cemetery, including point of sale, credit and cash handling/storage, donations, grants and daily cash reconciliation.
- Monitor accounts receivables and assure that they are accurate.
- Assist the President in the preparation of the annual operating budget.
- Assign interments and work orders tasks daily to grounds staff.
- Enter all pertinent data from Interments, foundations and memorial settings in the according data management systems.
- Update all records when interacting with families to assure the information remains current.
- Maintain and update data base of potential customers
- Coordinate all funeral services in a professional manner.
- Manage petty cash accounts.
- Work with the grounds supervisor on efficiencies in order to have the cemetery property in top condition at all times.
- Assure that the resources of the cemetery (supplies and other consumables) are used in proper fashion, to minimize waste.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the customers, community member, staff and the board.
- Refer Capital Prospects to the President or Capital Campaign Director.
- Assist in other areas as deemed necessary by the President.
- Acquire and demonstrate a strong understanding of the goals and objectives of the cemetery.
- Manage accounts payable system insuring accurate, timely payment of all vendors with allocated budget.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in management and supervision required
- Typical schedule to support the demands of the job
- Some weekend and evening work is expected.
- Cemetery experience preferred.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES/KNOW HOW:
- Must possess an extensive understanding of computer systems, accounting procedures, Quick books, and good business practices.
- Must be very organized and be able to create systems for smooth cemetery operations.
- Experience supervising staff and working with staff, members and guests to meet the cemetery goals.
- Effective written and oral communication skills must be demonstrated.
- Sales experience required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee on occasions will be required to assist in services.
- The employee will spend the majority of his/her time working on the computer and phone. Some lifting will be required, since the maintenance of the office supplies is part of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Evening and weekend work is expected and may be required
All Resumes should be sent to:
PO Box 177
South Walpole Ma 02071
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Homesteaders: A Deep Dive | FUNERAL hustle 012 - September 14, 2017
- FrontRunner Professional Announces Ultimate ‘DIY’ Funeral Home Website Platform - September 14, 2017
- Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions Shares Integration Update - September 14, 2017
You may be interested
Homesteaders: A Deep Dive | FUNERAL hustle 012CDFuneralNews - September 14, 2017
Ryan heads to Homesteaders Life Company HQ to discuss their future partnership with Homesteaders and why and how this partnership…
FrontRunner Professional Announces Ultimate ‘DIY’ Funeral Home Website PlatformCDFuneralNews - September 14, 2017
Today FrontRunner Professional announced the release of it’s brand new website platform, marking a major change for the entire death…
Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions Shares Integration UpdateCDFuneralNews - September 14, 2017
PITTSBURGH, PA -- Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions today announced an update of key activities for its ongoing integration of Aurora…