Thinking About Adding a Crematory? New Resource for NFDA Members Offers Vital Information
- Comprehensive educational and informational offerings. Staying up-to-date on the evolving needs of families that choose cremation has never been more easy, convenient or cost effective. NFDA offers comprehensive, convenient and cost-effective educational options; information on its website and articles in The Director magazine and other publications. The association also has critical legal forms and documents, such as cremation authorization forms and the recently updated Due Diligence for Funeral Homes Utilizing Third Party Crematories document.
- Cremation Certification. NFDA’s Certifie
d Crematory Operator (CCO) Program is the recognized certification standard for funeral service professionals. The CCO program was developed for all funeral professionals, whether they use a third-party crematory, own a crematory or are an operator. After completing the program, participants will have a thorough understanding of their legal and ethical obligations during the entire cremation process, from the moment they take a decedent into their care, until they return the cremated remains to the family. More information is available online, www.nfda.org/cco.
- NFDA Member Cremation Consultation Services Hotline – 800-228-6332. Cremation experts are available to speak one-on-one with NFDA members about their specific circumstances, needs and questions.
- Personalized Services. NFDA members can speak with their member services representative to learn about personalized assistance with cremation-related questions and circumstances. Member services representatives can direct callers to the individuals, resources and services that will provide the needed information.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- On Our Soapbox: The Truth About Cremation | FUNERAL nation 085 - August 16, 2017
- How Watching Movies In a Cemetery Became an L.A. Summer Staple - August 14, 2017
- Funeral Home Owner Howie VanRensselaer Wins July Sich Casket Giveaway - August 13, 2017
You may be interested
On Our Soapbox: The Truth About Cremation | FUNERAL nation 085CDFuneralNews - August 16, 2017
Cremation truth and Social Media Screwup: Watch Ryan & The Commander tell it like it is on their soapbox! (more…)
How Watching Movies In a Cemetery Became an L.A. Summer StapleCDFuneralNews - August 14, 2017
The often sold-out Hollywood Forever Cemetery screenings have cemented themselves as a seasonal institution in the Southland, drawing scores of fans and A-listers.
Funeral Homes are Struggling to Keep Their Doors OpenRyan Thogmartin - August 13, 2017
This is a topic and conversation that does not get talked about or covered enough. We all want to put the blame on cremation and ignore the fact that many of the issues facing funeral homes aren't because families choose cremation but because of bad business decisions of many funeral directors who don't want to change or accept cremation.