Funeral Director Launches Campaign To Raise Money For A Memorial To Honor Seven Elementary Students Killed By Tornardo in Oklahoma
We became aware of a cause by a colleague in the profession, Chad Vice of Resthaven Funeral Home. And we believe in this cause very deeply.
Last year, children at Plaza Towers Elementary in Moore, OK were packing their backpacks at the end of the school day when a tornado came barreling through the school. By the time the tornado was gone, so was Plaza Towers Elementary. In its place was a huge pile of rubble, trapping teachers and children. Seven students did not survive.
Chad has personally spearheaded the initiative to build a memorial to help remember the students who lost their lives and to help bring hope to the community at the newly constructed Plaza Towers Elementary School.
We ask that you take a minute to help. Donations are needed, however if you simply cannot afford a small donation (ANY amount helps!), there are other things you can do to help Chad and the Moore community reach their goal.
What you can do to help:
- Make a donation at: https://fundly.com/plaza-towers-memorial
- Share this page on your social media accounts: https://fundly.com/plaza-towers-memorial
- Send an email to your personal contacts – asking them to consider helping in this effort.
- Spread the word through any associations or organizations you may be a part of.
The project needs $172,000 by August 15, 2014 for completion. We KNOW this profession is made of kind, caring, and generous individuals that are truly driven by helping others. Please take a minute to do what you can to help a fellow funeral director and the Moore, OK community.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- CREATING FACEBOOK CONTENT THAT BOOSTS ENGAGEMENT | DISRUPTu! 033 - December 12, 2017
- FrontRunner Announces FuneralPay, a New Suite Of Tools Designed to Increase the Average Sale and Help Funeral Homes Get Paid Faster - December 12, 2017
- The Future of Pre Need Leadership – CHANGE MAKERS | FUNERAL nation 097 - December 11, 2017