One More Powerful Than You Could Imagine
Article By Andrew J. Palvea, Security National Life
Most people believe one is a very tiny number. However, one can have a tremendous impact on your revenues.
A few years back, I was fortunate enough to read a paper from a very respectable sales trainer who worked with businesses to help them increase their sales, negotiate more effectively, and motivate their employees.
It was about how you should do one more thing to help you reach your goals and I thought this was a perfect topic to share. Here are some ideas to consider that can seriously increase your sales:
- Make one more cold call every day. One extra call a day equals to 260 calls per year. How many meetings could you have set up with this number of calls and how many of those meetings could you have turned into sales? Consider your current conversion ratio and think of the impact on your business.
- Suggest one additional item to every customer. This is particularly important if you sell lower priced items or work in a retail environment. Many sales people are focused on getting the initial sale. However, almost everyone has additional items, products, or services that could be beneficial to their customers.
- Invest one day per month developing your skills. Many successful people in business invest in themselves. They attend workshops, conferences, and participate in webinars and tele-seminars on a regular basis. Think about the people who do not invest in developing their skills, this is your chance to out-pace your coworkers and competition.
- Read one book every month. By expanding your knowledge, it will help you become more successful. Read books that are related to your industry or one that will provide insight to helping you improve your skill in a specific area.
- Ask one more question during each sales call. Before you start “pitching” your product or service, ask your prospect one more question. This question might give you an additional insight you need to effectively position your product or service.
One can make a very powerful impact both on your top line sales and bottom line profits.
- Pause for one moment longer than usual before responding to a prospect’s question or request. This is known as the pregnant pause, which often prompts the other person to blurt out something they had not intended to say. The secret behind this strategy is that most people are uncomfortable with silence and will begin talking to fill the “dead” air space.
- Get to the office one hour early. Remember the expression, “The early bird gets the worm”. That one extra hour in the morning can be the most productive time of the day. You have a better chance to reach decision-makers, there are fewer distractions, and you can often achieve more in that 60 minutes than in several hours.
- Address objections one more time before giving up. Many sales people give up too soon when faced with objections. I’m not suggesting that you beat your customer into submission in order to close the sale. However, I do recommend that you tackle each objection one more time before you give up.
- Send one more email to the prospect who has been sitting on the fence. Sometimes, people need that little push and encouragement to move forward. But, in many cases, their time is occupied by other projects and priorities, which could mean they are not focused on your solution. Gentle reminders are often appreciated, but don’t follow up so frequently to avoid stalking them. Even though they are not ready to make that particular buying decision, your name will be kept in their mind.
- Suggest one more idea to help a customer improve their business. Schedule a breakfast or lunch meeting with your customers instead of trying to sell them something. Focus on learning more about their challenges. And, offer solutions that do not include your products or services, and your customers will begin to see you more as a partner than a supplier.
- Send one more thank you card or note. Very few sales people make the effort to thank their customers. You can stand out from the crowd by sending handwritten thank you card to your customers for their most recent order, meeting with you, or sending an on-time payment. You can also send a note when you see their company mentioned favorably in the news.
Although it is a tiny number, one can make a very powerful impact both on your top line sales and bottom line profits. One extra sale every day, week, or month can make a significant impact on your sales by the end of the year.
So, the next time you think about giving up on a high-potential prospect; consider the fact that you might be just one drop-in, phone call, email, or letter away from making the sale.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- EASY ROI & LEAD HACK | DISRUPT60 009 - August 13, 2018
- TLC Star Amy Roloff Delivers Inspirational Speech to Rollings Funeral Service Managers and Batesville Employees - August 13, 2018
- WHAT HAPPENS IF FACEBOOK DISAPPEARS? | DISRUPTu! 048 - August 10, 2018
You may be interested
EASY ROI & LEAD HACK | DISRUPT60 009CDFuneralNews - August 13, 2018
Listen up, please. Approach your Funeral Home's advertising just like any other business. "But we have GREAT word of mouth…
TLC Star Amy Roloff Delivers Inspirational Speech to Rollings Funeral Service Managers and Batesville EmployeesCDFuneralNews - August 13, 2018
As one of the largest private funeral home owners in the eastern United States, Greg Rollings is a true believer…
WHAT HAPPENS IF FACEBOOK DISAPPEARS? | DISRUPTu! 048CDFuneralNews - August 10, 2018
We are back! Let's knock off this rust and rock this out... hopefully. Ryan tackles current issues people are having…