General Manager – Multiple FH or Ce
We are currently seeking a qualified individual to continue the tradition of excellence in our market by supporting several of our stand alone premier locations. In the position of General Manager, knowledge of all aspects of funeral service is essential.
The successful candidate will be expected to direct and lead combined operations by achieving the following primary objectives:
- Manage overall operations and sales activity for the assigned locations within the area.
- Select, train and motivate location staff to ensure that they create and maintain a premier level of client family satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain a positive employee relations environment so that employees are motivated to strive for performance excellence.
- Provide a premier level of client satisfaction that will comply with the needs of every client family and which upholds the Dignity Promise.
- Identify, implement and continuously improve the internal business practices that impact customer satisfaction, employee morale and financial performance.
- Ensure all company operational procedures and policies are implemented and practiced
- Achieve the financial goals of the locations while executing the marketing strategies of the organization in collaboration with the operational staff and the sales team.
- Previous Cemetery Management experience is essential with at least 3 years of experience preferred
- Must understand how to analyze financial reports to determine actions necessary to maintain and/or improve the location’s performance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A willingness to participate in community organizations
- Superior management skills and desire to advance within the company
- Basic computer and technology skills required
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
* Your employment would be with an affiliate location of SCI
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- LAYING THE FOUNDATION FOR THE FUTURE | FUNERAL hustle 021 - May 21, 2018
- Passare Releases New Check Writing Feature - May 16, 2018
- Dr. Jason Troyer to Present at Fall Pre-Need Summit - May 16, 2018
You may be interested
LAYING THE FOUNDATION FOR THE FUTURE | FUNERAL hustle 021CDFuneralNews - May 21, 2018
This is a special episode that takes you south to Jacksonville, FL to an invite only meeting put on by…
8 Hilarious Headstones That’ll Make You Say WTF (what the funeral)Madison Ashby - May 16, 2018
These hilarious headstones are bound to get a laugh out of even the most experienced funeral director. They might even…