[Video] Life Celebrations and Over The Top Obituaries Are Changing The Face of Funeral Service
The funeral profession received a good amount of face time on a national scale in 2013. It was the year of the viral obituaries – multiple ‘over the top’ obituaries made the front page of the New York Times and at multiple times Best Funeral Ever was a trending topic on Twitter.
Last week HuffPost Live pulled together the main people behind the viral obits and John Beckwith Jr (CEO of the funeral home at the center of Best Funeral Ever) for a chat about the changing face of funeral service. If you have a spare 13 minutes I encourage to watch this.
Guests in this episode of HuffPost Live:
- Amanda Stamps Lewis (Dallas, TX) Writing Her Dad’s Obituary Changed Her Life
- John Beckwith Jr. @JohnBeckwithJr_ (Dallas, Texas) Owner & Chief Executive Officer for Beckwith Inc.
- Jaweed Kaleem @jaweedkaleem (New York, NY) HuffPost National Religion Reporter
- Katherine Reddick (Odessa, TX) Wrote an Obituary About Her Mother That Went Viral
Video from: HuffPost Live
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038 - February 5, 2018
- Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding Achievement - February 5, 2018
- NFDA Introduces the 2018 Meet the Mentors Program Participants - January 30, 2018
You may be interested
IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038CDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
Are you ready to fight...!? Ready to FIGHT those recent Facebook Newsfeed changes?! You're in luck with this week's brand…
Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding AchievementCDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
West Des Moines, Iowa — Homesteaders Life Company, a national leader in pre-need funeral funding, held its national sales meeting and recognition…
We are Building Something Exciting for You… and We Need Your Help!Justin Crowe - January 31, 2018
We want to make your deathcare job easier. Tell us what you want in this 2-minute survey and get entered to win $100! The Connecting Directors and Disrupt Media teams are excited to be planning some new free funeral home marketing content and products for you in 2018 and we want to know what you need most! We want to know your biggest business wins of 2017, the tasks in your day that you hate, and what you feel is holding you back!