[Video] Life Celebrations and Over The Top Obituaries Are Changing The Face of Funeral Service
The funeral profession received a good amount of face time on a national scale in 2013. It was the year of the viral obituaries – multiple ‘over the top’ obituaries made the front page of the New York Times and at multiple times Best Funeral Ever was a trending topic on Twitter.
Last week HuffPost Live pulled together the main people behind the viral obits and John Beckwith Jr (CEO of the funeral home at the center of Best Funeral Ever) for a chat about the changing face of funeral service. If you have a spare 13 minutes I encourage to watch this.
Guests in this episode of HuffPost Live:
- Amanda Stamps Lewis (Dallas, TX) Writing Her Dad’s Obituary Changed Her Life
- John Beckwith Jr. @JohnBeckwithJr_ (Dallas, Texas) Owner & Chief Executive Officer for Beckwith Inc.
- Jaweed Kaleem @jaweedkaleem (New York, NY) HuffPost National Religion Reporter
- Katherine Reddick (Odessa, TX) Wrote an Obituary About Her Mother That Went Viral
Video from: HuffPost Live
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Transgender Woman Sues Metro Detroit Funeral Homes After Losing Her Job - October 5, 2017
- Eagle’s Wings Air Partners With Delta, United, American Airlines and Southwest Airlines to Provide Free Transportation to Las Vegas Shooting Victims - October 2, 2017
- Foundation Partners Appoints Christine Hunsaker SVP & COO - October 2, 2017
You may be interested
Take That Step | FUNERAL hustle 013DISRUPT Media - October 5, 2017
We hit Atlantic City for the 2017 New Jersey State Funeral Directors Association Annual Convention. We unveiled a brand new…
Transgender Woman Sues Metro Detroit Funeral Homes After Losing Her JobCDFuneralNews - October 5, 2017
Originally Published on WXYZ Detroit Should someone be fired because they are transgender? A transgender woman has sued the owner of…
How to Leverage the One Statistic Everyone is Ignoring and It’s a Game ChangerRyan Thogmartin - October 4, 2017
As a profession, we are completely undervaluing the need to get attention and immediately provide value back to that consumer. It…