[Video] Life Celebrations and Over The Top Obituaries Are Changing The Face of Funeral Service
The funeral profession received a good amount of face time on a national scale in 2013. It was the year of the viral obituaries – multiple ‘over the top’ obituaries made the front page of the New York Times and at multiple times Best Funeral Ever was a trending topic on Twitter.
Last week HuffPost Live pulled together the main people behind the viral obits and John Beckwith Jr (CEO of the funeral home at the center of Best Funeral Ever) for a chat about the changing face of funeral service. If you have a spare 13 minutes I encourage to watch this.
Guests in this episode of HuffPost Live:
- Amanda Stamps Lewis (Dallas, TX) Writing Her Dad’s Obituary Changed Her Life
- John Beckwith Jr. @JohnBeckwithJr_ (Dallas, Texas) Owner & Chief Executive Officer for Beckwith Inc.
- Jaweed Kaleem @jaweedkaleem (New York, NY) HuffPost National Religion Reporter
- Katherine Reddick (Odessa, TX) Wrote an Obituary About Her Mother That Went Viral
Video from: HuffPost Live
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- IOWA! WTF ARE YOU DOING? | Funeral Nation 113 - June 11, 2018
- C&J Financial acquires Beta Capital of Portsmouth, VA. - June 11, 2018
- Physicians Mutual and Precoa Celebrate One Year by “Putting Down Roots” - June 5, 2018
You may be interested
IOWA! WTF ARE YOU DOING? | Funeral Nation 113CDFuneralNews - June 11, 2018
The FN boys discuss possible Iowa law changes that will require a bachelor’s degree in mortuary science in order to…
C&J Financial acquires Beta Capital of Portsmouth, VA.CDFuneralNews - June 11, 2018
Rainbow City, AL – C&J FINANCIAL, LLC, through its affiliate, Security National Financial Corporation (NASDAQ:SNFCA), is pleased to announce that…
9 Pimped Out Hearses Like You Have Never Seen BeforeMadison Ashby - June 6, 2018
"Pimp My Ride" aired on MTV from 2004 to 2007. Rapper Xzibit would transform people’s run-down cars and “pimp” them…