[Video] Life Celebrations and Over The Top Obituaries Are Changing The Face of Funeral Service
The funeral profession received a good amount of face time on a national scale in 2013. It was the year of the viral obituaries – multiple ‘over the top’ obituaries made the front page of the New York Times and at multiple times Best Funeral Ever was a trending topic on Twitter.
Last week HuffPost Live pulled together the main people behind the viral obits and John Beckwith Jr (CEO of the funeral home at the center of Best Funeral Ever) for a chat about the changing face of funeral service. If you have a spare 13 minutes I encourage to watch this.
Guests in this episode of HuffPost Live:
- Amanda Stamps Lewis (Dallas, TX) Writing Her Dad’s Obituary Changed Her Life
- John Beckwith Jr. @JohnBeckwithJr_ (Dallas, Texas) Owner & Chief Executive Officer for Beckwith Inc.
- Jaweed Kaleem @jaweedkaleem (New York, NY) HuffPost National Religion Reporter
- Katherine Reddick (Odessa, TX) Wrote an Obituary About Her Mother That Went Viral
Video from: HuffPost Live
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- BEAN TOWN BREAK DOWN | FUNERAL hustle 015 - November 14, 2017
- NFDA Goes Big In Boston - November 14, 2017
- 2017 REFLECTION OF NFDA BOSTON AND A TRIBUTE TO THE VETERANS | FUNERAL nation 094 - November 13, 2017
You may be interested
BEAN TOWN BREAK DOWN | FUNERAL hustle 015CDFuneralNews - November 14, 2017
Ryan is exposed EXPOSED as a terrible (.....) in FUNERAL hustle 015! Part 2 of our Boston NFDA recap we…
NFDA Goes Big In BostonCDFuneralNews - November 14, 2017
Brookfield, Wis. – The National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) 2017 International Convention & Expo, held October 29 through November 1…
2017 REFLECTION OF NFDA BOSTON AND A TRIBUTE TO THE VETERANS | FUNERAL nation 094CDFuneralNews - November 13, 2017
On this episode, we send a big "thank you" to our very own Funeral Commander, Jeff Harbeson in honor of…