Humor – Funeral Director Pushing a New Death PR Campaign
Funeral Director Caleb Wilde runs a blog titled “Confessions of a Funeral Director”. I follow Caleb’s blog and really enjoy a lot of his writing and his perspective on death and the after life. He has written a book “Confessions of a Funeral Director, Reflections about God While in the Shadow of Death”, that he is currently shopping to publishers, so in the mean time he creates great content online.
A section on Caleb’s blog is titled “Dark Humor” and this is where he posts humorous content related to death. One of the posts he did a few weeks ago was titled “15 Slogans for Death’s New PR Campaign”. The slogan’s are part of a campaign to change the public perception of death. Caleb says, “death isn’t really that bad of a guy; he’s just a normal dude with a difficult job”.
Below are the 15 slogans, and they are pretty good. Please chime in!
Death has been Mark Driscolled of late. It’s taken some heat … some heat that maybe it’s due. But, Death isn’t really that bad of a guy. He’s just a normal dude with a difficult job.
As an effort to vault Death’s public perception, Death has hired us to create a slogan that the world’s public will buy into. A slogan that will help change the world’s perceptions.
Here are 15 slogans. You’re the first test group, so feel free to criticize or change any of the slogan’s you see; or add any slogans you can create.
- “10 out of 10 human’s are doing it!”
- “It’s natural. It’s good for the environment. It’s green. It’s death.”
- “I felt great when it happened to me.*” — Elvis Presley.
- “Taking care of business since the beginning of time!”
- “Death: It eases all your pain.”
- “만나서 반갑습니다.*” – Kim Jong Il (right before he ordered Death to take him to his next kingdom.)
- “Come on over to the light.”
- “Death: I’m Your Heavenly chauffeur.*”
- “If it wasn’t for Me, you’d never have bacon.”
- “Be apart of something larger. Donate yourself back to the universe. Die.”
- “10 out of 10 people who die lose weight.”
- “Death: It will leave you breathless.”
- “It really helped my political campaign.” — William Wallace.
- “Without me, you’d still have Hitler, Stalin and bin Laden.”
- “Death: Here for you in your darkest hour.”
Latest posts by Caleb Wilde (see all)
- When Embalming is Beautiful - July 23, 2014
- Do Funeral Homes Charge too Much? 10 Thoughts on the Cost of Funerals - June 18, 2014
- Funeral Director Offers Thoughts on HATE / LIKE Relationship with Corporate Run Funeral Homes - June 10, 2014
You may be interested
UPDATE ON HUGE FUNERAL INDUSTRY CIVIL LAWSUIT | FUNERAL nation 101 – CHANGE MAKERSCDFuneralNews - January 21, 2018
On this episode, we talk with a death care attorney who is handling a high profile civil lawsuit affecting thousands…
OGR Annual Conference Offers Solutions to Business Problems in Savannah, GA April 4-6, 2018CDFuneralNews - January 21, 2018
AUSTIN, TX – JANUARY 2018 - The International Order of the Golden Rule (OGR), the world’s leading professional association dedicated…
Funeral Cribs Episode 5 – Sunset Memorial Park, AlabamaCDFuneralNews - January 18, 2018
The Sunset Memorial Park Funeral Home has had one major goal in mind from the time it started until now,…