Market Manager – East North Carolina Market
We are seeking a Market Manager who will lead funeral and cemetery operations within the East North Carolina Market. This market includes the areas of Wilmington, New Bern/Jacksonville, Williamston, and Fayetteville. The Market Manager is responsible for all activities associated with operations, customers, staff, facilities and financials across the market.
The primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
Grow/Maintain Market Share: Building/maintaining at-need revenue in the market by coaching and supporting location managers to drive calls and averages, develop/maintain customer and community relationships and gain/maintain market share. Develop and implement market-level marketing and revenue initiatives.
Business Planning/Expense Management: Effectively initiate and implement annual business planning. Ensure location managers are managing expenses in accordance with location market budgets and are responsible for taking corrective action when necessary.
Operations: Demonstrate extensive operations and industry knowledge in the execution of all aspects of the location operations and ultimately focus on servicing the customer. Ensure that all aspects of services provided are done to SCI’s standards (clean location and grounds, vehicles, deceased prepared appropriately and well laid out, employees dressed professionally)
Compliance/Health & Safety: Ensure that all company policies and procedures and applicable laws are communicated, enforced and adhered to in all locations in the market.
Staff Management and Leadership: Ensure individuals and teams get the coaching and support necessary for them to be successful in their jobs. Develop and maintain cooperation and teamwork. Provide direction and motivation to individuals and teams to achieve goals and objectives. Set a good example of desired behaviors
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Eligible to participate in the market leader annual bonus incentive plan
- Company vehicle, laptop, and cell phone
- Funeral discounts and more!
- College education preferred, together with management, customer service and sales experience
- 4-6 years funeral industry experience strongly preferred
- 5-7 years general business management experience at a regional or market level (multi-unit management a must)
- Demonstrated skills in budgeting, financial planning, and cash management is essential.
- North Carolina Funeral Director License is desired
- Proficient computer skills including use of word processing, spreadsheet and email software
- Extensive travel within the market is required, up to 75% of the time
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Ability to multi task and set priorities
- Ability to motivate and persuade
- Detail oriented
- Professional and a team player
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- CREATING FACEBOOK CONTENT THAT BOOSTS ENGAGEMENT | DISRUPTu! 033 - December 12, 2017
- FrontRunner Announces FuneralPay, a New Suite Of Tools Designed to Increase the Average Sale and Help Funeral Homes Get Paid Faster - December 12, 2017
- The Future of Pre Need Leadership – CHANGE MAKERS | FUNERAL nation 097 - December 11, 2017
You may be interested
CREATING FACEBOOK CONTENT THAT BOOSTS ENGAGEMENT | DISRUPTu! 033CDFuneralNews - December 12, 2017
On this episode we answer questions like: Summarize what engagement looks like for you? Explain the difference between generic and…
FrontRunner Announces FuneralPay, a New Suite Of Tools Designed to Increase the Average Sale and Help Funeral Homes Get Paid FasterCDFuneralNews - December 12, 2017
FrontRunner Professional has announced yet another technology solution that will help funeral homes save time and money, while offering families…
The Future of Pre Need Leadership – CHANGE MAKERS | FUNERAL nation 097CDFuneralNews - December 11, 2017
The 2nd Change Makers episode of FUNERAL Nation! We welcome Justin Baxley and Will Bischoff of Homesteaders Life Company as…