Market Manager – East North Carolina Market
We are seeking a Market Manager who will lead funeral and cemetery operations within the East North Carolina Market. This market includes the areas of Wilmington, New Bern/Jacksonville, Williamston, and Fayetteville. The Market Manager is responsible for all activities associated with operations, customers, staff, facilities and financials across the market.
The primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
Grow/Maintain Market Share: Building/maintaining at-need revenue in the market by coaching and supporting location managers to drive calls and averages, develop/maintain customer and community relationships and gain/maintain market share. Develop and implement market-level marketing and revenue initiatives.
Business Planning/Expense Management: Effectively initiate and implement annual business planning. Ensure location managers are managing expenses in accordance with location market budgets and are responsible for taking corrective action when necessary.
Operations: Demonstrate extensive operations and industry knowledge in the execution of all aspects of the location operations and ultimately focus on servicing the customer. Ensure that all aspects of services provided are done to SCI’s standards (clean location and grounds, vehicles, deceased prepared appropriately and well laid out, employees dressed professionally)
Compliance/Health & Safety: Ensure that all company policies and procedures and applicable laws are communicated, enforced and adhered to in all locations in the market.
Staff Management and Leadership: Ensure individuals and teams get the coaching and support necessary for them to be successful in their jobs. Develop and maintain cooperation and teamwork. Provide direction and motivation to individuals and teams to achieve goals and objectives. Set a good example of desired behaviors
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Eligible to participate in the market leader annual bonus incentive plan
- Company vehicle, laptop, and cell phone
- Funeral discounts and more!
- College education preferred, together with management, customer service and sales experience
- 4-6 years funeral industry experience strongly preferred
- 5-7 years general business management experience at a regional or market level (multi-unit management a must)
- Demonstrated skills in budgeting, financial planning, and cash management is essential.
- North Carolina Funeral Director License is desired
- Proficient computer skills including use of word processing, spreadsheet and email software
- Extensive travel within the market is required, up to 75% of the time
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Ability to multi task and set priorities
- Ability to motivate and persuade
- Detail oriented
- Professional and a team player
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- UPDATE ON HUGE FUNERAL INDUSTRY CIVIL LAWSUIT | FUNERAL nation 101 – CHANGE MAKERS - January 21, 2018
- OGR Annual Conference Offers Solutions to Business Problems in Savannah, GA April 4-6, 2018 - January 21, 2018
- Funeral Cribs Episode 5 – Sunset Memorial Park, Alabama - January 18, 2018
You may be interested
UPDATE ON HUGE FUNERAL INDUSTRY CIVIL LAWSUIT | FUNERAL nation 101 – CHANGE MAKERSCDFuneralNews - January 21, 2018
On this episode, we talk with a death care attorney who is handling a high profile civil lawsuit affecting thousands…
OGR Annual Conference Offers Solutions to Business Problems in Savannah, GA April 4-6, 2018CDFuneralNews - January 21, 2018
AUSTIN, TX – JANUARY 2018 - The International Order of the Golden Rule (OGR), the world’s leading professional association dedicated…
Funeral Cribs Episode 5 – Sunset Memorial Park, AlabamaCDFuneralNews - January 18, 2018
The Sunset Memorial Park Funeral Home has had one major goal in mind from the time it started until now,…