General Manager – Abilene, TX
We are currently seeking a qualified individual to continue the tradition of excellence in our Abilene, TX market. Knowledge of all aspects of Cemetery/Funeral Home operations & sales acumen is essential.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of this location. Critical to the success of this operation are flawless execution standards combined with a thorough understanding of our unique demographics and clientele. The successful candidate will be expected to direct and lead all personnel and ensure that the facility and equipment are maintained to a high degree of readiness.
- To develop and maintain a positive environment so that employees are motivated to strive for performance excellence and achievement
- To provide a premier level of client satisfaction that will satisfy the needs of every client family and upholds the Dignity Promises
- To identify, implement and continuously improve the internal business practices that impact customer satisfaction, employee morale and financial performance
- To exceed the location’s targeted financial goals and marketing strategies in close collaboration with the sales and marketing departments
- To engage in and support all sales related activities and programs and personnel
- Previous Cemetery/Funeral Home Management experience is essential with at least 3 years of experience required
- Must understand how to analyze financial reports to determine actions necessary to maintain and/or improve the location’s performance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A willingness to participate in community organizations
- Superior management skills and desire to advance within the company
- Must be dual licensed as a Funeral Director and Embalmer
- Basic computer and technology skills required
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company matching
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more!
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
You may be interested
Bizarre Burial Pod Coffins That Grow More Trees.. Not Cut Them DownMadison Ashby - August 16, 2018
Capsula Mundi is an Italian organization with a mission of mastering green burial. This company wants to reinvent the way…
NFDA Announces Officer Election ResultsCDFuneralNews - August 16, 2018
Brookfield, Wis. – The National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) is pleased to announce that qualified association members have elected the…
Funeral Service Foundation Now Accepting Select Foundation ’45 Award Applications and SubmissionsCDFuneralNews - August 16, 2018
Brookfield, Wis. – The Funeral Service Foundation is now accepting online applications and submissions for select Foundation ’45 Awards, which…