Funeral Director – Williamsburg, VA
Seeking a Licensed Funeral Director in Williamsburg, VA for the well-respected Nelsen Williamsburg location. This is a great opportunity to grow your career, with training and advancement for those interested.
This position interacts directly with client families during their time of need and is responsible for creating and maintaining a premier level of client family satisfaction. Our Funeral Directors are looking for more than a career – a calling. The chance to make a real difference helping families during difficult times through compassion, understanding and the utmost in service.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have the appropriate state funeral licensure or the ability to reciprocate license from another state
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with families during time of need and create and maintain a premier level of client family satisfaction
- Proficient with computers and technology with, knowledge of MS Office Tools
- Ability to manage a caseload while creating an exceptional customer experience
- Excellent driving skills and record
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company matching
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more!
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality.
Nelsen Williamsburg is an affiliate of Service Corporation International, the largest provider of funeral and cemetery services in North America.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Studio Nienke Hoogvliet Designs Cremation Urn Using Plastic Derived From Wastewater - December 14, 2017
- ICCFA, Wilbert and Pierce Mortuary Colleges Partner to Offer Live Streaming Cremation Training - December 14, 2017
- American Funeral Director Honors ‘Funeral Director of the Year’ - December 14, 2017
You may be interested
Studio Nienke Hoogvliet Designs Cremation Urn Using Plastic Derived From WastewaterCDFuneralNews - December 14, 2017
Originally Published on Dezeen Studio Nienke Hoogvliet has harnessed a method of transforming wastewater into bioplastic, and used it to create a sustainable cremation…
ICCFA, Wilbert and Pierce Mortuary Colleges Partner to Offer Live Streaming Cremation TrainingCDFuneralNews - December 14, 2017
STERLING, VA – The International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association has partnered with Wilbert and Pierce Mortuary Colleges to bring…
American Funeral Director Honors ‘Funeral Director of the Year’CDFuneralNews - December 14, 2017
WALL, N.J. — Danny Jefferson, location manager at Pierce Jefferson Funeral & Cremation Services in Kernersville, North Carolina, has been…