Funeral Director/Embalmer – Lubbock, TX
We are currently seeking a licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer in Lubbock, TX at our Resthaven Funeral Home & Cemetery location. This is a great opportunity to grow your career, with training and advancement.
This is a full service position (arranging, directing, embalming, removals, etc.), but with a focus on care of the families and meeting their needs. Our Funeral Directors are looking for more than a career – it’s a calling. The chance to make a real difference helping families during difficult times through compassion, understanding and providing the utmost in service.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must have the appropriate state funeral licensure or the ability to reciprocate license from another state
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with families during time of need and create and maintain a premier level of client family satisfaction
- Proficient with computers and technology with, knowledge of MS Office Tools
- Ability to manage a caseload while creating an exceptional customer experience
- Excellent driving skills and record
- Ability to lift 50 lbs or more
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company matching
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more!
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality.
For immediate consideration, you may also send your resume to: Jennifer.Sands@sci-us.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- The Signature Group Names Inman Shipping Worldwide as Preferred Provider - February 16, 2018
- Halcyon Deathcare Management Solutions announces Halcyon Platinum – a groundbreaking new platform for Funeral Home and Crematory Management - February 14, 2018
- Batesville Announces 2018 Education Series Schedule for Funeral Professionals - February 14, 2018
You may be interested
The Signature Group Names Inman Shipping Worldwide as Preferred ProviderCDFuneralNews - February 16, 2018
The Signature Group has named Inman Shipping Worldwide as their preferred provider of shipping services. Inman will assist on all…
The FBI Raids Body Broker’s Funeral Home and Colorado Shuts it DownJustin Crowe - February 14, 2018
In a previous story we reported on Sunset Mesa Funeral Home that was allegedly dealing the dismembered body parts of…
Halcyon Deathcare Management Solutions announces Halcyon Platinum – a groundbreaking new platform for Funeral Home and Crematory ManagementCDFuneralNews - February 14, 2018
ATLANTA, GA- Funeral homes and crematories can now manage their business even more efficiently with Halcyon Platinum, the perfect option…