Funeral Director/Embalmer – Lansing, MI
We are currently seeking a licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer in Lansing, MI at Gorsline Runciman Funeral Homes. This is a great opportunity to grow your career, with training and advancement.
This is a full service position (arranging, directing, embalming, removals, etc.), but with a focus on care of the families and meeting their needs. Our Funeral Directors are looking for more than a career – it’s a calling. The chance to make a real difference helping families during difficult times through compassion, understanding and providing the utmost in service.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must have the appropriate state funeral licensure or the ability to reciprocate license from another state
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with families during time of need and create and maintain a premier level of client family satisfaction
- Proficient with computers and technology with, knowledge of MS Office Tools
- Ability to manage a caseload while creating an exceptional customer experience
- Excellent driving skills and record
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company matching
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more!
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
You may be interested
YOU CAN’T AFFORD SOCIAL MEDIA | DISRUPTu! 049CDFuneralNews - August 21, 2018
You can't afford Social Media marketing but you want to increase call volume? This episode is for you because Social…
In 17 Years, De-churching Millennials Will Rock the Funeral Industry…The Stats Are ShockingJustin Crowe - August 21, 2018
I am 30 years old. There are 10 weddings on my radar right now (weddings that already happened and are…