Sales Manager – Baltimore, MD
Selling Power Magazine just rated SCI/Dignity Memorial in their Top 25 Best Service Companies to Sell for! (Dec 2012 issue – tied for 16th!) We are growing our Sales Force by 30% this year to meet the increasing demand for our products and services. This opportunity represents exceptional income potential, training, and career advancement!
We are looking for a strong Sales Management professional with a Funeral Director License for the Gary L. Kaufman Funeral Home in Baltimore, MD and surrounding areas.
The Sales Manager will have experience in the following:
- Ability to motivate individuals with excellent communicating skills, incredible relationship building abilities, and a natural talent to lead.
- The Management of Sales Professionals including motivating teams to become highly productive in a professional sales environment.
- The Sales Manager will coach and mentor the Sales Counselors to manage leads and train the team on customer service and satisfaction, prospecting, product knowledge, sales presentations, closing skills, product/service pricing, terms, paperwork, and Sales guideline interpretation.
- Ensure that sales quotas are achieved
- Recruit and hire sales counselors
- Provide counselors with proper training regarding sales techniques, legal requirements, and company products, policies and procedures
- Review and evaluate sales staff performance
- Handle personnel issues and problems concerning sales staff
- Conduct and assist in weekly sales meeting
- Help prepare yearly sales quot
- Ensure all contracts/paperwork are completed and returned accurately and in a timely manne
- Work in the field with the sales team
- Travel locally to other locations will be required
- Funeral Director License required
- Excellent understanding of the Sales Process
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent sales team leadership in a quota-driven environment
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ work experience as a Sales Manager
- Proficiency with MS applications
- Basic computer and technology skills required, proficiency with MS Office tools
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Creative thinker and detail oriented
- Service industry experience preferred
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life) after 90 days
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038 - February 5, 2018
- Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding Achievement - February 5, 2018
- NFDA Introduces the 2018 Meet the Mentors Program Participants - January 30, 2018
You may be interested
IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038CDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
Are you ready to fight...!? Ready to FIGHT those recent Facebook Newsfeed changes?! You're in luck with this week's brand…
Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding AchievementCDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
West Des Moines, Iowa — Homesteaders Life Company, a national leader in pre-need funeral funding, held its national sales meeting and recognition…
We are Building Something Exciting for You… and We Need Your Help!Justin Crowe - January 31, 2018
We want to make your deathcare job easier. Tell us what you want in this 2-minute survey and get entered to win $100! The Connecting Directors and Disrupt Media teams are excited to be planning some new free funeral home marketing content and products for you in 2018 and we want to know what you need most! We want to know your biggest business wins of 2017, the tasks in your day that you hate, and what you feel is holding you back!