Funeral Director/Embalmer – Illinois
We are currently seeking a licensed Funeral Director in the Chicago area to interact directly with client families during their time of need and are responsible for creating and maintaining a premier level of client family satisfaction. Our network of funeral service providers are dedicated to the core values of integrity, respect, service excellence and enduring relationships. This temporary assignment could lead to a longer-term position, but it is not guaranteed. Relocation expenses may be available.
- Must have Illinois Funeral Director/ Embalmer license or the ability to reciprocate license from another state
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with families during time of need and create and maintain a premier level of client family satisfaction
- Proficient with computers and technology with knowledge of MS Office Tools
- Ability to manage a caseload while creating an exceptional customer experience
- Excellent driving skills and record
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company matching
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
- Advanced training resources, career advancement opportunities
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Please be advised that there is currently a strike or lockout in progress at some funeral homes owned and operated by SCI Illinois Services, Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
You may be interested
13 Leading Death Professionals Predict the Future of Cremation… Their Ideas Will Surprise You.Justin Crowe - August 13, 2018
What does the future of cremation look like? We all want to know if we will see the type of…
Aftercare.com Announces Expansion into CanadaCDFuneralNews - August 13, 2018
CLINTON, NC - Aftercare.com, the automated follow up program for funeral homes and cemeteries, today announced they are expanding into…