General Manager – Lufkin, TX
We are searching for an experienced General Manager to lead the operations at our Lufkin, TX and Nacogdoches, TX locations.
The General Manager is responsible for all activities associated with operations, customers, staff, facilities and financials in the assigned locations. The primary responsibilities of the General Manager role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the daily business operations as if it were your own.
- Achieve the location’s annual financial and marketing goals.
- Continuously track the ratio of At-Need and Pre-Need Sales and ensure targets are met.
- Implement new service and revenue enhancement programs to help grow market share.
- Ensure all company operational procedures and policies are implemented and practiced.
- Maintain a motivated and dedicated staff with the skills necessary to service client family needs.
- Select, train and motivate location staff to assure that they create and maintain a premier level of client family satisfaction.
- Practice and promote teamwork among location staff.
- Ensure visitations and services are conducted in a manner that exceeds the expectations of our client families and friends.
- Continuously review processes and procedures to identify areas for training/potential improvement/cost reduction.
- Plan and participate in community events designed to heighten awareness of the location.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing is preferred.
- At least 10 years of managerial experience in the Funeral Service industry and experience supervising preneed sales.
- Must be dual licensed as a Funeral Director/Embalmer.
- Cemetery experience is preferred.
- Must understand how to analyze financial reports to determine actions necessary to maintain or improve the location’s performance.
- Able to travel locally as needed.
- High level understanding of all competitors and the demographic patterns influencing location business and market share.
- Company Car
- Lap top
- Semi-Annual Bonus
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life) after 90 days
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality.
For Immediate consideration, please email your resume to [email protected] and complete an online application:
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Download Our FREE Memorial Day Video - May 24, 2018
- FrontRunner Unveils its New ‘Final Resting Place’, GPS Enabled App - May 24, 2018
- StoneMor Partners Names Inman Shipping Worldwide as Preferred Shipping Provider - May 22, 2018
You may be interested
Download Our FREE Memorial Day VideoCDFuneralNews - May 24, 2018
Finding the right Memorial Day content to express your gratitude and honoring those who have fallen for our country can…
FrontRunner Unveils its New ‘Final Resting Place’, GPS Enabled AppCDFuneralNews - May 24, 2018
FrontRunner today announced the unveiling of the new GPS enabled App, Final Resting Place, which allows funeral homes, cemeteries and…
Learn How Your Funeral Home Can Offer Natural Burials in The Green Burial GuidebookJustin Crowe - May 23, 2018
The Green Burial Guidebook is a new book by Elizabeth Fournier explaining the methods and ideas behind having an affordable, environmentally…