General Manager – Lufkin, TX
We are searching for an experienced General Manager to lead the operations at our Lufkin, TX and Nacogdoches, TX locations.
The General Manager is responsible for all activities associated with operations, customers, staff, facilities and financials in the assigned locations. The primary responsibilities of the General Manager role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the daily business operations as if it were your own.
- Achieve the location’s annual financial and marketing goals.
- Continuously track the ratio of At-Need and Pre-Need Sales and ensure targets are met.
- Implement new service and revenue enhancement programs to help grow market share.
- Ensure all company operational procedures and policies are implemented and practiced.
- Maintain a motivated and dedicated staff with the skills necessary to service client family needs.
- Select, train and motivate location staff to assure that they create and maintain a premier level of client family satisfaction.
- Practice and promote teamwork among location staff.
- Ensure visitations and services are conducted in a manner that exceeds the expectations of our client families and friends.
- Continuously review processes and procedures to identify areas for training/potential improvement/cost reduction.
- Plan and participate in community events designed to heighten awareness of the location.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing is preferred.
- At least 10 years of managerial experience in the Funeral Service industry and experience supervising preneed sales.
- Must be dual licensed as a Funeral Director/Embalmer.
- Cemetery experience is preferred.
- Must understand how to analyze financial reports to determine actions necessary to maintain or improve the location’s performance.
- Able to travel locally as needed.
- High level understanding of all competitors and the demographic patterns influencing location business and market share.
- Company Car
- Lap top
- Semi-Annual Bonus
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life) after 90 days
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality.
For Immediate consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and complete an online application:
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- BEAN TOWN BREAK DOWN | FUNERAL hustle 015 - November 14, 2017
- NFDA Goes Big In Boston - November 14, 2017
- 2017 REFLECTION OF NFDA BOSTON AND A TRIBUTE TO THE VETERANS | FUNERAL nation 094 - November 13, 2017
You may be interested
BEAN TOWN BREAK DOWN | FUNERAL hustle 015CDFuneralNews - November 14, 2017
Ryan is exposed EXPOSED as a terrible (.....) in FUNERAL hustle 015! Part 2 of our Boston NFDA recap we…
NFDA Goes Big In BostonCDFuneralNews - November 14, 2017
Brookfield, Wis. – The National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) 2017 International Convention & Expo, held October 29 through November 1…
2017 REFLECTION OF NFDA BOSTON AND A TRIBUTE TO THE VETERANS | FUNERAL nation 094CDFuneralNews - November 13, 2017
On this episode, we send a big "thank you" to our very own Funeral Commander, Jeff Harbeson in honor of…