General Manager – Reading, PA
We are currently seeking a qualified individual to continue the tradition of excellence as the General Manager of our Forest Hills Memorial Park in Reading, PA. Knowledge of all aspects of cemetery operations & sales acumen is essential. This cemetery provides approximately 600 interments a year.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects this location. Critical to the success of this operation are flawless execution standards combined with a thorough understanding of our clientele. Career development into a General Manager of multiple locations is possible for the ideal candidate. The successful candidate will be expected to direct and lead all personnel and ensure that the facility and equipment are maintained to a high degree of readiness.
Additional duties include the following:
- To develop and maintain a positive environment so that employees are motivated to strive for performance excellence and achievement.
- To provide a premier level of client satisfaction that will satisfy the needs of every client family and upholds the Dignity Promises.
- To identify, implement and continuously improve the internal business practices that impact customer satisfaction, employee morale and financial performance.
- To exceed the location’s targeted financial goals and marketing strategies in close collaboration with the sales and marketing departments.
- To engage in and support all sales related activities and programs and personnel.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
- Previous Cemetery Management experience is essential.
- Must understand how to analyze financial reports to determine actions necessary to maintain and/or improve the location’s performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A willingness to participate in community organizations.
- Superior management skills and desire to advance within the company
- Strongly prefer a candidate with at least 5 years of Cemetery Management experience
- Previous Funeral Home Management experience and a Funeral Service License is a plus.
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- 49 Wilbert Licensees Earn Ultimate Service Provider for 2017 - February 7, 2018
- Learn and Connect at 2018 NFDA Professional Women’s Conference - February 7, 2018
- Aftercare.com chosen as a Preferred Partner of Selected Independent Funeral Homes - February 7, 2018
You may be interested
49 Wilbert Licensees Earn Ultimate Service Provider for 2017CDFuneralNews - February 7, 2018
BROADVIEW, IL, February 6, 2018 – Forty-nine Wilbert Licensees have earned the 2017 Ultimate Service Provider designation from Wilbert Funeral Services, Inc. (WFSI),…
Learn and Connect at 2018 NFDA Professional Women’s ConferenceCDFuneralNews - February 7, 2018
Brookfield, Wis. – Registration is open for the profession’s leading gathering for women in funeral service: the National Funeral Directors…
Aftercare.com chosen as a Preferred Partner of Selected Independent Funeral HomesCDFuneralNews - February 7, 2018
Clinton, NC - Aftercare.com announced today they have been chosen as a Preferred Partner with Selected Independent Funeral Homes. …