General Manager – Braunfels, TX
SCI is the largest Funeral Services Company in North America, located in over 40 states with approximately 1,800 locations. SCI is a company dedicated to compassionately supporting families at difficult times, celebrating the significance of lives that have been lived, and preserving memories that transcend generations with dignity and honor.
We currently have an opening for a General Manager at our Zoeller Funeral Home location in New Braunfels, TX.
The successful candidate will be responsible for directing all aspects of the funeral home operations. Critical to the success of this operation are flawless execution standards combined with a thorough understanding of our unique demographics and clientele. Our ideal candidate will be expected to direct and lead all funeral home personnel and ensure that the facility and equipment are maintained to a high degree of readiness. Additional duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To develop and maintain a positive environment so that employees are motivated to strive for performance excellence and achievement.
- To provide a premier level of client satisfaction that will satisfy the needs of every client family and upholds the Dignity Promises.
- To identify, implement and continuously improve the internal business practices that impact customer satisfaction, employee morale and financial performance.
- To exceed the location’s targeted financial goals and marketing strategies in close collaboration with the sales and marketing departments.
- To engage in and support all sales related activities and programs and personnel.
- At least 7 years Funeral Home Management experience is required; Cemetery experience is a plus.
- Must be a licensed Funeral Director in the state of Texas (or able to reciprocate quickly); Embalmer license is a plus.
- Must understand how to analyze financial reports to determine actions necessary to maintain and/or improve the location’s performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A willingness to participate in community organizations.
- Company Car
- Cell Phone
- Competitive Base Salary plus Bonus
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life) after 90 days
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Vacation and sick time
- Funeral discounts, and more!
Relocation assistance may be provided
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality.
Zoeller Funeral Home is an affiliate of SCI. For additional information regarding our company and to apply for this position, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com. You may also send your resume directly to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
You may be interested
Bizarre Burial Pod Coffins That Grow More Trees.. Not Cut Them DownMadison Ashby - August 16, 2018
Capsula Mundi is an Italian organization with a mission of mastering green burial. This company wants to reinvent the way…
NFDA Announces Officer Election ResultsCDFuneralNews - August 16, 2018
Brookfield, Wis. – The National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) is pleased to announce that qualified association members have elected the…
Funeral Service Foundation Now Accepting Select Foundation ’45 Award Applications and SubmissionsCDFuneralNews - August 16, 2018
Brookfield, Wis. – The Funeral Service Foundation is now accepting online applications and submissions for select Foundation ’45 Awards, which…