Funeral Home Manager – Muskegon, MI
We currently have an opportunity available for a Location Manager at Ever Rest Funeral Home and Cremation Chapel in Muskegon, MI to manage a leading Funeral Home in this market.
Our successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of this location and should be adept at building community relations. They will be expected to direct and lead all Funeral Home personnel and ensure that the facility and equipment are maintained to a high degree of readiness.
Additional duties include the following:
- Select, train and motivate location staff to assure that they create and maintain a premier level of client family satisfaction.
- Achieve the location’s annual financial and marketing goals.
- Manage the business of the operation as if it were your own.
- Maintain a motivated and dedicated staff with the skills necessary to service client family needs.
- Assure that staff members understand location goals, policies and procedures.
- Ensure visitations and services are conducted in a manner that exceeds the expectations of our client families and friends.
- Practice and promote teamwork among location staff.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years of Funeral Director experience
- At Least 2 years of Funeral Home Management Experience preferred
- Community involvement.
- Michigan Funeral Service License or the ability to transfer the same from another state
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
* Your employment would be with an affiliate location of SCI.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- ASD’s Suicide Telephone Operator Patch (S.T.O.P) System Recognized With 2017 NFDA Innovation Award - November 15, 2017
- Passare Releases Advanced Preneed Integration with Funeral Directors Life - November 15, 2017
- Marching Forward, Making Sales at the 2018 ICCFA Wide World of Sales Conference - November 15, 2017
You may be interested
4 Products Beating the Funeral Merchandise Quality EpidemicJustin Crowe - November 15, 2017
Since entering the funeral industry, I have felt a taboo around talking about the topic of quality in relation to…
ASD’s Suicide Telephone Operator Patch (S.T.O.P) System Recognized With 2017 NFDA Innovation AwardCDFuneralNews - November 15, 2017
Boston, MA—On Monday, October 29, ASD – Answering Service for Directors was named the winner of the National Funeral Directors…
Passare Releases Advanced Preneed Integration with Funeral Directors LifeCDFuneralNews - November 15, 2017
Passare, Inc. recently released an advanced integration with Funeral Directors Life Insurance Company, offering the funeral industry’s only integration between…