Do You Have A Method For Selling Additional Product Offerings?
I know you don’t think of yourself as a salesperson and I don’t want you to. I ask this question because it is one of the most common questions I get asked when I am consulting with funeral companies (vendors).
They want to know “what is the best way for me to get funeral directors to offer my product to client families?”. Every funeral director is different, even directors in the same firm. Each arranger has their own ‘pitch’ (hold the criticism) and most can recite it on the spot when asked. So how do you choose what additional items you are going to offer families? I know it might mean relearning a new ‘pitch’, but it has to happen sometime, right?
So I ask you to answer this simple question:
What is your method for selling additional products to go along with the funeral service?
1. I go through each offering individually with them
2. I send them to my website so they can choose what they want on their own
3. Merchandize in my showroom and allow clients to walk around to see what resonates with them
4. I do not personally sell any additional products besides casket/urns or items for the service itself
Please share below.
DISRUPT Media is a full-service creative agency built for the now. We partner with death care companies to drive deep-rooted brand loyalty and measurable leads through social media.
More Fans. More Conversations. More Leads.
Ryan is also the founder of ConnectingDirectors.com. ConnectingDirectors.com is the leading online daily publication for funeral professionals with a reader base of over 45,000 of the most elite and forward-thinking professionals in the profession. With ConnectingDirectors.com Ryan has created a global community through an online platform allowing funeral professionals to Stay Current. Stay Informed and Stay Elite.
Latest posts by Ryan Thogmartin (see all)
- What Happens When Arlington Cemetery Runs Out of Space? - June 5, 2018
- The Biggest Problem In Your Funeral Home Isn’t What You Think - May 8, 2018
- Walmart Takes One More Step Into The Funeral Industry With Funeral Potatoes - April 26, 2018
You may be interested
IOWA! WTF ARE YOU DOING? | Funeral Nation 113CDFuneralNews - June 11, 2018
The FN boys discuss possible Iowa law changes that will require a bachelor’s degree in mortuary science in order to…
C&J Financial acquires Beta Capital of Portsmouth, VA.CDFuneralNews - June 11, 2018
Rainbow City, AL – C&J FINANCIAL, LLC, through its affiliate, Security National Financial Corporation (NASDAQ:SNFCA), is pleased to announce that…
9 Pimped Out Hearses Like You Have Never Seen BeforeMadison Ashby - June 6, 2018
"Pimp My Ride" aired on MTV from 2004 to 2007. Rapper Xzibit would transform people’s run-down cars and “pimp” them…