Funeral Director/Embalmer – Lansing, MI
We are currently seeking a licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer for our Gorsline Runciman Funeral Home location in Lansing, MI. You will interact directly with client families during their time of need and is responsible for creating and maintaining a premier level of client family satisfaction.
- Must have a current Michigan Funeral Director/Embalmer license or have the ability to reciprocate a current license from another state quickly.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
* Your employment would be with an affiliate location of SCI.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- WISCONSON VERDICT HAS HHUUGGEE IMPLICATIONS ON THE FUNERAL PROFESSION | FUNERAL nation 117 - July 16, 2018
- Cremation On The Rise: NFDA Predicts The National Cremation Rate Will Climb By A Third Within 20 Years - July 16, 2018
- Homesteaders Expands Finding Resilience to Include New “Ask Dr. Troyer” Video Series - July 16, 2018
You may be interested
WISCONSON VERDICT HAS HHUUGGEE IMPLICATIONS ON THE FUNERAL PROFESSION | FUNERAL nation 117CDFuneralNews - July 16, 2018
The divide continues in the land of cheese. Wisconsin Supreme Court delivered the final verdict saying Funeral Homes and cemeteries…
Cremation On The Rise: NFDA Predicts The National Cremation Rate Will Climb By A Third Within 20 YearsCDFuneralNews - July 16, 2018
BROOKFIELD, Wis. -- Over the next 18 years, the rate of cremation in the United States is projected to increase by nearly 30…
Homesteaders Expands Finding Resilience to Include New “Ask Dr. Troyer” Video SeriesCDFuneralNews - July 16, 2018
West Des Moines, IA – Homesteaders Life Company has expanded its popular Finding Resilience burnout prevention program to include a new video series,…