4 Simple Tips and Tools To Increase Your Funeral Home’s Online Visibility
Article from Frontrunner Pro
You likely get 5 calls a day with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) “experts” claiming they can get your firm to that number one spot on Google. What if we told you that you can improve your search rankings easily, by understanding what Google looks for when a search is made?
Inbound linking is basically how many websites (such as Facebook, local directors, or your blog) are linking to your funeral home website and how often. The higher the number, the more Google considers your website as worthy of that #1 spot. This accounts for 75% of how you rank with search engines.
At FrontRunner, we spend a lot of time perfecting this for funeral businesses. Here are just a few things we do and a few things we recommend you do to better your SEO:
1. FrontRunner’s Market Driver Websites: We are the only funeral service technology company investing significant creative and financial resources to develop websites–known as market drivers–designed to capture the interest of consumers and effectively drive them to your funeral firm website. Currently, ObitsforLife.com is generating over 20,000 page views a day–giving FrontRunner funeral firm website clients unbeatable search engine optimization. BookofMemories.com is another example of this. Two, of many, services that we provide absolutely free, to make sure our clients are at the top!
2. Social Media: We work with funeral professionals every day to help them develop their social strategies. Why? Because everytime a Funeral Home posts something on Facebook, and links it to their website, that creates an inbound link. Not to mention, their Book of Memories memorial tribute websites are all social media enhanced, allowing families to easily share their loved ones page – and link right back to your funeral home website. Need some help with your social strategy? Download our free 30+ Posting Tips for Funeral Professionals.
3. Blogging. A blog lets you write mini-articles that educate the public on your area of expertise. Some of the most engaging blog articles we have seen have come from guest bloggers who can share their experience or provide valuable information. Each blog post, means another link to your website.
4. Local Directory Listings: If you did a search for your funeral home right now, you would see local directories listing your funeral home name such as Manta or Yellow Pages – without any actual information. Claim those local directories! This is a free tool, and with a little bit of time spent, it can go along way. HubSpot has created a list of 50 local directories to make your life a little easier. Click here to see the list.
What About the Other 25%?
This quarter of your website’s search engine optimization comes from on-page SEO: the actual content of your site, page titles, navigation and site structure, internal links and overall authority. (In other words, how trust-worthy is your information?). We’ve got that covered too! FrontRunner websites are built with this 25% in mind. But, not all funeral firm website providers are that diligent.
If you’d like to see how your website stacks up, download our complimentary eguide. In just 30 minutes, you’ll have a clear understanding of the SEO weaknesses of your current site and how to fix them.
FrontRunner Professional announced its strategic partnership with DISRUPT Media, the funeral profession’s dedicated social media provider, founded by Ryan Thogmartin of Connecting Directors.
This new partnership will forge the development of the new “Socially Acceptable™” social media program designed to set a new and higher online standard for the funeral profession. The program will be available exclusively through FrontRunner Professional to their clients.
DISRUPT Media is a full service social media agency for social strategy and complete social media management for businesses. They help funeral professionals, worldwide; interact with today’s consumers by truly embracing the Internet and engaging in conversations about their funeral business online.
For more information on FrontRunner Professional and DISRUPT Media contact FrontRunner at 1-866-748-3625 or online atwww.FrontRunnerPro.com/SociallyAcceptable or email Ryan Thogmartin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- ASD’s Suicide Telephone Operator Patch (S.T.O.P) System Recognized With 2017 NFDA Innovation Award - November 15, 2017
- Passare Releases Advanced Preneed Integration with Funeral Directors Life - November 15, 2017
- Marching Forward, Making Sales at the 2018 ICCFA Wide World of Sales Conference - November 15, 2017
You may be interested
4 Products Beating the Funeral Merchandise Quality EpidemicJustin Crowe - November 15, 2017
Since entering the funeral industry, I have felt a taboo around talking about the topic of quality in relation to…
ASD’s Suicide Telephone Operator Patch (S.T.O.P) System Recognized With 2017 NFDA Innovation AwardCDFuneralNews - November 15, 2017
Boston, MA—On Monday, October 29, ASD – Answering Service for Directors was named the winner of the National Funeral Directors…
Passare Releases Advanced Preneed Integration with Funeral Directors LifeCDFuneralNews - November 15, 2017
Passare, Inc. recently released an advanced integration with Funeral Directors Life Insurance Company, offering the funeral industry’s only integration between…