Ways To Help In The Wake Of The Boston Marathon Bombing
First and foremost, our hearts go out to everyone in Boston dealing with this tragedy and our thoughts are with the injured and their familes.
1. If you saw something, say something. Boston police and the FBI are asking for tips, including photos and videos of the incident. Call the Boston police tipline at 1-800-494-8477 (TIPS) or the FBI at 1-800-225-5325 (CALL-FBI).
2. Give or find info about victims: Call the Boston city hotline at 617-635-4500. Use Google’s Boston Marathon person finder. Use the Red Cross Safe and Well registry.
3. Housing in Boston:
- A list of people who need a place to stay:http://j.mp/bostonPlaceToStay
- A list of people who have places to house visitors:http://j.mp/bostonNeedaPlace
4. Donate blood: The Red Cross branch based in Boston says there is “currently enough blood on the shelves to meet patient needs.” Those who still want to help are encouraged to make an appointment to donate blood in the coming weeks.
5. The One Fund: Governor Deval Patrick and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino announced the formation of this fund to help people most affected by the bombings:http://onefundboston.org/
6. New England Patriots plan to match donations: The Kraft family announced it will match $100,000 in donations to support marathon tragedy victims.http://www.patriots.com/donate
7. Donate to the Boston First Responders Fund: The fund is being administered through the Boston Fire Fighters Credit Union, 60 Hallet St., Dorchester, MA 02124. Checks and electronic donations are welcome. Visithttp://www.bosfirecu.com/ or call 857-220-0133.
8. From runnersworld.com: “A grassroots movement began on social media and then was further organized by #RunChat, asking people to show support by wearing either a race shirt or blue and yellow throughout the week.”
If you know of other ways to help, please post as a comment. Thank you!
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- 5 Tips to Developing a Better Social Media Strategy - October 12, 2017
- FrontRunner Unveils its Dedicated Custom Programming Team - October 12, 2017
- Batesville Hosts Free Book Signing with Dr. Alan Wolfeltat the 2017 NFDA Convention and Expo in Boston - October 12, 2017
You may be interested
5 Tips to Developing a Better Social Media StrategyCDFuneralNews - October 12, 2017
Marketing via social media seems like a no-brainer to funeral homes today. It’s one of the most-used media outlets of…
FrontRunner Unveils its Dedicated Custom Programming TeamCDFuneralNews - October 12, 2017
FrontRunner today announced the formation of a dedicated custom programing team. In the past, given the fast-paced innovations at FrontRunner…
Batesville Hosts Free Book Signing with Dr. Alan Wolfelt at the 2017 NFDA Convention and Expo in BostonCDFuneralNews - October 12, 2017
BATESVILLE, Indiana, October 11, 2017 – Batesville, the leading provider of high quality products and profit-enhancing solutions to licensed funeral…