Ways To Help In The Wake Of The Boston Marathon Bombing
First and foremost, our hearts go out to everyone in Boston dealing with this tragedy and our thoughts are with the injured and their familes.
1. If you saw something, say something. Boston police and the FBI are asking for tips, including photos and videos of the incident. Call the Boston police tipline at 1-800-494-8477 (TIPS) or the FBI at 1-800-225-5325 (CALL-FBI).
2. Give or find info about victims: Call the Boston city hotline at 617-635-4500. Use Google’s Boston Marathon person finder. Use the Red Cross Safe and Well registry.
3. Housing in Boston:
- A list of people who need a place to stay:http://j.mp/bostonPlaceToStay
- A list of people who have places to house visitors:http://j.mp/bostonNeedaPlace
4. Donate blood: The Red Cross branch based in Boston says there is “currently enough blood on the shelves to meet patient needs.” Those who still want to help are encouraged to make an appointment to donate blood in the coming weeks.
5. The One Fund: Governor Deval Patrick and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino announced the formation of this fund to help people most affected by the bombings:http://onefundboston.org/
6. New England Patriots plan to match donations: The Kraft family announced it will match $100,000 in donations to support marathon tragedy victims.http://www.patriots.com/donate
7. Donate to the Boston First Responders Fund: The fund is being administered through the Boston Fire Fighters Credit Union, 60 Hallet St., Dorchester, MA 02124. Checks and electronic donations are welcome. Visithttp://www.bosfirecu.com/ or call 857-220-0133.
8. From runnersworld.com: “A grassroots movement began on social media and then was further organized by #RunChat, asking people to show support by wearing either a race shirt or blue and yellow throughout the week.”
If you know of other ways to help, please post as a comment. Thank you!
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- 49 Wilbert Licensees Earn Ultimate Service Provider for 2017 - February 7, 2018
- Learn and Connect at 2018 NFDA Professional Women’s Conference - February 7, 2018
- Aftercare.com chosen as a Preferred Partner of Selected Independent Funeral Homes - February 7, 2018
You may be interested
“Going Out In Style” will Plan Your Funeral in the Most Extravagant WayJustin Crowe - February 7, 2018
I've never desired to plan my funeral until seeing the events that are being designed by the women at Going Out…
49 Wilbert Licensees Earn Ultimate Service Provider for 2017CDFuneralNews - February 7, 2018
BROADVIEW, IL, February 6, 2018 – Forty-nine Wilbert Licensees have earned the 2017 Ultimate Service Provider designation from Wilbert Funeral Services, Inc. (WFSI),…
Learn and Connect at 2018 NFDA Professional Women’s ConferenceCDFuneralNews - February 7, 2018
Brookfield, Wis. – Registration is open for the profession’s leading gathering for women in funeral service: the National Funeral Directors…