Coyle Funeral Home And Cremation Services Announces Essay Contest
Share Your Humorous Funeral Experience And Win A Free Funeral
The loss of a loved one is often a very difficult, stressful situation. However, humorous moments sometimes occur during grief and the celebration of life. Indeed, humor often can help to relieve stress, while still being respectful, as we remember those we love.
Megan Coyle Stamos, President of Coyle Funeral Home and Cremation Services, has announced today that as part of their 125th anniversary celebration her firm is having an essay contest, Share Your Humorous Funeral Experience, to acknowledge the positive contribution of humor.
Coyle Funeral Home and Cremation Services, family owned and operated for 125 years, is offering a “free funeral”, up to a $5,000 value for services and merchandise, to the Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize winner will also receive a $50 gift card for dinner and tickets to a movie, along with a chauffeured funeral limousine, for an evening of entertainment for the winner and a guest.
Each month throughout 2013 the most humorous funeral experience essay will be selected for a prize of a $25 gift card and an anniversary t-shirt. The Grand Prize winner will be chosen from all submissions in December 2013.
- Theme: Share Your Humorous Funeral Experience.
- Entrants: Contestants must be at least 18 years of age. Employees of Coyle Funeral Home and Cremation Services, and their immediate family members, are not eligible.Deadlines: Emailed or postmarked by the 30th of each month during 2013 to be eligible for the monthly prizes. Emailed or postmarked by December 30, 2013 to be eligible for the Grand Prize.
- Schedule: Monthly essay winners will be notified by the 10th of each month following the essay submission closing date of the 30th of each month. The Grand Prize winner will be notified by January 10, 2014.
- General: All monthly essay contest submissions will be eligible at the end of 2013 for the Grand Prize. Coyle Funeral Home and Cremation Services will provide a certificate of winnings to the Grand Prize winner. Funeral services and merchandise may be utilized by the Grand Prize winner or their family. Essays may be published or shared in print and broadcast media, with prior authorization and consent of the authors, for the 125th anniversary campaigns and future public relations offerings of Coyle Funeral Home and Cremation Services.
- Entries: 500 words maximum. The entrant’s contact information including phone number, mailing address, and email address must be provided with each essay.
- Essay entries must be submitted to the following address by email or USPS mail:
Please contact Coyle Funeral Home and Cremation Services between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday-Friday, at 419-865-1295 if you have questions regarding this contest.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Is Facebook Doomed?… | DISRUPTu! 036 - January 23, 2018
- Funeral Director/Owner Paul Thomas Ayers Hawkins Wins December Sich Casket Giveaway - January 23, 2018
- UPDATE ON HUGE FUNERAL INDUSTRY CIVIL LAWSUIT | FUNERAL nation 101 – CHANGE MAKERS - January 21, 2018
You may be interested
Is Facebook Doomed?… | DISRUPTu! 036CDFuneralNews - January 23, 2018
Ryan breaks down the Facebook news feed changes and what they mean for your deathcare business, and why you shouldn't…
Funeral Director/Owner Paul Thomas Ayers Hawkins Wins December Sich Casket GiveawayCDFuneralNews - January 23, 2018
Sich Casket has announced the winner of their monthly “Year of the Funeral Director” casket giveaway for December. The winner,…
UPDATE ON HUGE FUNERAL INDUSTRY CIVIL LAWSUIT | FUNERAL nation 101 – CHANGE MAKERSCDFuneralNews - January 21, 2018
On this episode, we talk with a death care attorney who is handling a high profile civil lawsuit affecting thousands…