Coyle Funeral Home And Cremation Services Announces Essay Contest
Share Your Humorous Funeral Experience And Win A Free Funeral
The loss of a loved one is often a very difficult, stressful situation. However, humorous moments sometimes occur during grief and the celebration of life. Indeed, humor often can help to relieve stress, while still being respectful, as we remember those we love.
Megan Coyle Stamos, President of Coyle Funeral Home and Cremation Services, has announced today that as part of their 125th anniversary celebration her firm is having an essay contest, Share Your Humorous Funeral Experience, to acknowledge the positive contribution of humor.
Coyle Funeral Home and Cremation Services, family owned and operated for 125 years, is offering a “free funeral”, up to a $5,000 value for services and merchandise, to the Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize winner will also receive a $50 gift card for dinner and tickets to a movie, along with a chauffeured funeral limousine, for an evening of entertainment for the winner and a guest.
Each month throughout 2013 the most humorous funeral experience essay will be selected for a prize of a $25 gift card and an anniversary t-shirt. The Grand Prize winner will be chosen from all submissions in December 2013.
- Theme: Share Your Humorous Funeral Experience.
- Entrants: Contestants must be at least 18 years of age. Employees of Coyle Funeral Home and Cremation Services, and their immediate family members, are not eligible.Deadlines: Emailed or postmarked by the 30th of each month during 2013 to be eligible for the monthly prizes. Emailed or postmarked by December 30, 2013 to be eligible for the Grand Prize.
- Schedule: Monthly essay winners will be notified by the 10th of each month following the essay submission closing date of the 30th of each month. The Grand Prize winner will be notified by January 10, 2014.
- General: All monthly essay contest submissions will be eligible at the end of 2013 for the Grand Prize. Coyle Funeral Home and Cremation Services will provide a certificate of winnings to the Grand Prize winner. Funeral services and merchandise may be utilized by the Grand Prize winner or their family. Essays may be published or shared in print and broadcast media, with prior authorization and consent of the authors, for the 125th anniversary campaigns and future public relations offerings of Coyle Funeral Home and Cremation Services.
- Entries: 500 words maximum. The entrant’s contact information including phone number, mailing address, and email address must be provided with each essay.
- Essay entries must be submitted to the following address by email or USPS mail:
Please contact Coyle Funeral Home and Cremation Services between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday-Friday, at 419-865-1295 if you have questions regarding this contest.
You may be interested
KEYBOARD COMMANDOES | FUNERAL Nation Episode 121CDFuneralNews - August 20, 2018
Some call them haters or trolls but we like to call them 'Keyboard Commandoes'. You may know them personally as…
Batesville Offers Free Webinar: Staying Relevant in an Evolving MarketplaceCDFuneralNews - August 20, 2018
BATESVILLE, Ind. – Batesville is hosting a free Education Series webinar, Staying Relevant in an Evolving Marketplace, on August 28…
Passare and Krause Funeral Home to Host a Free Workshop in Milwaukee, WICDFuneralNews - August 20, 2018
Passare, Inc. is proud to announce two FREE workshops hosted in partnership with Krause Funeral Home and Cremation Services in…