Cemetery/Funeral Home General Manager – Skokie, IL
We are currently seeking a qualified individual to continue the tradition of excellence at our Memorial Park Cemetery in Skokie, Illinois. Knowledge of all aspects of cemetery operations & sales acumen is essential. This beautiful premier cemetery provides approximately 700 interments a year, which includes several unique non-standard sales.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects this location. Critical to the success of this operation are flawless execution standards combined with a thorough understanding of our unique demographics and clientele. The successful candidate will be expected to direct and lead all personnel and ensure that the facility and equipment are maintained to a high degree of readiness. Additional duties include the following:
- To develop and maintain a positive environment so that employees are motivated to strive for performance excellence and achievement.
- To provide a premier level of client satisfaction that will satisfy the needs of every client family and upholds the Dignity Promises.
- To identify, implement and continuously improve the internal business practices that impact customer satisfaction, employee morale and financial performance.
- To exceed the location’s targeted financial goals and marketing strategies in close collaboration with the sales and marketing departments.
- To engage in and support all sales related activities and programs and personnel.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
- Previous Cemetery/Funeral Home Management experience is essential.
- Must understand how to analyze financial reports to determine actions necessary to maintain and/or improve the location’s performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A willingness to participate in community organizations.
- Superior management skills and desire to advance within the company
- Strongly Prefer a candidate with at least 3 years of Cemetery Management experience
- Previous Funeral Home Management experience and a Funeral Service License is a plus.
SCI is the largest Funeral Services Company in North America, located in over 40 states with approximately 1,800 locations encompassing over 20,000 employees. SCI is a company dedicated to compassionately supporting families at difficult times, celebrating the significance of lives that have been lived, and preserving memories that transcend generations with dignity and honor- and we have been doing this since 1962. By joining SCI you will be joining North America’s largest provider of funeral and cemetery services with locations in Canada and the United States.
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Memorial Park is an affiliate of Service Corporation International, the largest provider of funeral and cemetery services in North America.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Thacker Caskets Ranked #1 for Service in Funeral Service Insider Survey - March 14, 2018
- LEVERAGING PERSONAL AND BUSINESS CONNECTIONS | DISRUPTu! 040 - March 13, 2018
- Homesteaders Recognizes Top Producers at 2018 Leaders Conference - March 13, 2018
You may be interested
Massive Cheating Scandal Charges 7 AAMI Teachers and Invalidates 300 ExamsJustin Crowe - March 14, 2018
A New York Post article published this week began with the words "Don’t die in the Big Apple." The grim…
See the Enlightening Charts Comparing Cremation Prices to Hotel PricesJustin Crowe - March 14, 2018
The variance of cremation prices and the mandatory General Price List disclosure rules set by the Federal Trade Commission are a…
Download this FREE Social Media Calendar and Never Miss a Holiday PostJustin Crowe - March 14, 2018
We know that it can be hard to keep up with all the holidays that the Internet gets excited about,…