Cemetery/Funeral Home General Manager – Skokie, IL
We are currently seeking a qualified individual to continue the tradition of excellence at our Memorial Park Cemetery in Skokie, Illinois. Knowledge of all aspects of cemetery operations & sales acumen is essential. This beautiful premier cemetery provides approximately 700 interments a year, which includes several unique non-standard sales.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects this location. Critical to the success of this operation are flawless execution standards combined with a thorough understanding of our unique demographics and clientele. The successful candidate will be expected to direct and lead all personnel and ensure that the facility and equipment are maintained to a high degree of readiness. Additional duties include the following:
- To develop and maintain a positive environment so that employees are motivated to strive for performance excellence and achievement.
- To provide a premier level of client satisfaction that will satisfy the needs of every client family and upholds the Dignity Promises.
- To identify, implement and continuously improve the internal business practices that impact customer satisfaction, employee morale and financial performance.
- To exceed the location’s targeted financial goals and marketing strategies in close collaboration with the sales and marketing departments.
- To engage in and support all sales related activities and programs and personnel.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
- Previous Cemetery/Funeral Home Management experience is essential.
- Must understand how to analyze financial reports to determine actions necessary to maintain and/or improve the location’s performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A willingness to participate in community organizations.
- Superior management skills and desire to advance within the company
- Strongly Prefer a candidate with at least 3 years of Cemetery Management experience
- Previous Funeral Home Management experience and a Funeral Service License is a plus.
SCI is the largest Funeral Services Company in North America, located in over 40 states with approximately 1,800 locations encompassing over 20,000 employees. SCI is a company dedicated to compassionately supporting families at difficult times, celebrating the significance of lives that have been lived, and preserving memories that transcend generations with dignity and honor- and we have been doing this since 1962. By joining SCI you will be joining North America’s largest provider of funeral and cemetery services with locations in Canada and the United States.
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Memorial Park is an affiliate of Service Corporation International, the largest provider of funeral and cemetery services in North America.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- WHY DO WE GIVE ALL OUR CONTENT AWAY FOR FREE? | DISRUPT60 007 - July 18, 2018
- ASD’s Spanish Translation Services and Web Form Watch Dog™ Features Selected As Finalists for 2018 NFDA Members’ Choice Award - July 18, 2018
- WISCONSON VERDICT HAS HHUUGGEE IMPLICATIONS ON THE FUNERAL PROFESSION | FUNERAL nation 117 - July 16, 2018
You may be interested
WHY DO WE GIVE ALL OUR CONTENT AWAY FOR FREE? | DISRUPT60 007CDFuneralNews - July 18, 2018
This question gets asked on the daily, "Why do you give so much away for free?". It's a pretty simple…
ASD’s Spanish Translation Services and Web Form Watch Dog™ Features Selected As Finalists for 2018 NFDA Members’ Choice AwardCDFuneralNews - July 18, 2018
Media, PA—ASD–Answering Service for Directors is pleased to announce two of the company’s features have been recognized as finalists for…
WISCONSON VERDICT HAS HHUUGGEE IMPLICATIONS ON THE FUNERAL PROFESSION | FUNERAL nation 117CDFuneralNews - July 16, 2018
The divide continues in the land of cheese. Wisconsin Supreme Court delivered the final verdict saying Funeral Homes and cemeteries…