Funeral Director/Funeral Home Manager – Orlando, FL
SCI is the largest Funeral Services Company in North America, located in over 40 states with approximately 1,800 locations encompassing over 20,000 employees. SCI is a company dedicated to compassionately supporting families at difficult times, celebrating the significance of lives that have been lived, and preserving memories that transcend generations with dignity and honor- and we have been doing this since 1962. By joining SCI you will be joining North America’s largest provider of funeral and cemetery services with locations in Canada and the United States.
We currently have an opportunity available for a Location Manager/Funeral Director in beautiful Orlando, FL to manage two firms in our Dignity Memorial Network. Family Funeral Care is located in the Hunter’s Creek area of Orlando, and Grissom Funeral Home is in nearby Kissimmee.
Our successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of these locations and should be adept at building community relations as well as running the daily operations of a progressive and fresh thinking operation. They are required to direct and lead all Funeral Home personnel and ensure that the facility and equipment are maintained to a high degree of readiness.
Additional duties include the following:
- Select, train and motivate location staff to assure that they create and maintain a premier level of client family satisfaction.
- Achieve the location’s annual financial and marketing goals.
- Manage the business of the operation as if it were your own.
- Maintain a motivated and dedicated staff with the skills necessary to service client family needs.
- Assure that staff members understand location goals, policies and procedures.
- Ensure visitations and services are conducted in a manner that exceeds the expectations of our client families and friends.
- Practice and promote teamwork among location staff.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- At least 3 years of Funeral Director experience
- Prefer 3 years of Funeral Home Management Experience, but might consider less for the right candidate
- Community involvement
- Florida Funeral Service License or the ability to transfer the same from another state
- Bi-lingual candidates (English/Spanish) would be given extra consideration, but this is not a requirement for the position
SCI offers advanced training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For consideration, please apply online: www.sci-corp.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Family Funeral Care and Grissom Funeral Home are affiliate of Service Corporation International, the largest provider of funeral and cemetery services in North America.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Yes, it’s true: More people die in January - February 6, 2018
- Pierce Sales Representatives Earn Special Achievement Awards - February 6, 2018
- Legacy Funeral Group Expands, Acquiring Seven Funeral Homes & Two Cemeteries - February 6, 2018
You may be interested
Yes, it’s true: More people die in JanuaryCDFuneralNews - February 6, 2018
Originally Published on Legacy.com Since founding Legacy.com in 1998, I have noticed that the winter months are busier than the…
Pierce Sales Representatives Earn Special Achievement AwardsCDFuneralNews - February 6, 2018
BROADVIEW, IL, February 5, 2018 – Pierce was honored to present sales achievement awards to three Regional Sales Representatives and…
Legacy Funeral Group Expands, Acquiring Seven Funeral Homes & Two CemeteriesCDFuneralNews - February 6, 2018
(Houston, TX) Legacy Funeral Group announces the acquisition of seven funeral homes and two cemeteries; a significant expansion of its…