Funeral Director/Funeral Home Manager – Orlando, FL
SCI is the largest Funeral Services Company in North America, located in over 40 states with approximately 1,800 locations encompassing over 20,000 employees. SCI is a company dedicated to compassionately supporting families at difficult times, celebrating the significance of lives that have been lived, and preserving memories that transcend generations with dignity and honor- and we have been doing this since 1962. By joining SCI you will be joining North America’s largest provider of funeral and cemetery services with locations in Canada and the United States.
We currently have an opportunity available for a Location Manager/Funeral Director in beautiful Orlando, FL to manage two firms in our Dignity Memorial Network. Family Funeral Care is located in the Hunter’s Creek area of Orlando, and Grissom Funeral Home is in nearby Kissimmee.
Our successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of these locations and should be adept at building community relations as well as running the daily operations of a progressive and fresh thinking operation. They are required to direct and lead all Funeral Home personnel and ensure that the facility and equipment are maintained to a high degree of readiness.
Additional duties include the following:
- Select, train and motivate location staff to assure that they create and maintain a premier level of client family satisfaction.
- Achieve the location’s annual financial and marketing goals.
- Manage the business of the operation as if it were your own.
- Maintain a motivated and dedicated staff with the skills necessary to service client family needs.
- Assure that staff members understand location goals, policies and procedures.
- Ensure visitations and services are conducted in a manner that exceeds the expectations of our client families and friends.
- Practice and promote teamwork among location staff.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- At least 3 years of Funeral Director experience
- Prefer 3 years of Funeral Home Management Experience, but might consider less for the right candidate
- Community involvement
- Florida Funeral Service License or the ability to transfer the same from another state
- Bi-lingual candidates (English/Spanish) would be given extra consideration, but this is not a requirement for the position
SCI offers advanced training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For consideration, please apply online: www.sci-corp.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Family Funeral Care and Grissom Funeral Home are affiliate of Service Corporation International, the largest provider of funeral and cemetery services in North America.
You may be interested
10 Visionary Death Care Entrepreneurs Revolutionizing How We DieJustin Crowe - June 20, 2018
Looking at the business that these 10 death care entrepreneurs have created, there is an overwhelming sense of certainty that…
Tukios Announces New HD Video Book ProductCDFuneralNews - June 20, 2018
OGDEN, Utah - Tukios has introduced an innovative new keepsake with the recently released Video Book. At an affordable price,…